586,096 active members*
3,446 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Anyone in or close to Chattanooga TN?

We are interested in buying a laser machine to cut polystyrene sheet for structure models and wondering if there is anyone in or close to chattanooga TN that would like to show off their machine in action or be willing to do some custom cutting until we get our own machine. Also to give pro's and con's on the machine they have.

Thickness of sheet is anywhere from .010 to .125"

Thanks
    Kent. or Dusty @ Moore Park Model Works

I'm just East of Atlanta, it's a little over 2 hours to you. But if you can't find anyone, my machine should be arriving at the end of the month, and up and running by the end of the first week of December. It won't help you if you're looking to buy right away, but if you want to come down just before Christmas you're welcome to come look at what I've got. Send me a message for more details.

Thanks very much for the offer. We are still in the looking stage of the game. We dont want to get something that will not quite do what we are looking for or a brand that we cant get help with if it fails for some reason.

Well my first question is what are you trying to accomplish? Depending on what you want to do will determine if a laser is the right machine for you, and which laser will be right for you.