586,033 active members*
3,044 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > How do I find training?

How do I find training?

I have been working as a CNC Machinist for over 10 years. Most of my experience has been in aerospace machining, and most of the machines I have run have conversational controls. (Mazak, Hurco, etc.)

Due to the space program being in limbo, and the shuttle program coming to an end, my job is also coming to an end. So I am back out in the job market, and looking for something in the pay range I am used to. Most of these jobs are requireing Mastercam knowledge. Is there any place I could find training? Possibly free?

You may wish to obtain a demo of a later version with more upto date strategies from a reseller ( these can be timed versions, you can save but not post but they are fully functional and legal

If you are computer literate, done some CAD drafting- then you are off and running. Otherwise you may have to start with the basics of learning how to draw in a CAD system.

There is a Documentation folder with extensive PDFs to read in the mastercam root directory on a variety of topics

For programming. there should be a samples directory with sub-folders broken into machining strategy groups, these revolve around exercise lessons that are built into a training book ( I think ) available thru mastercam

How's that for starters ??

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post

You may wish to obtain a demo of a later version with more upto date strategies from a reseller ( these can be timed versions, you can save but not post but they are fully functional and legal

If you are computer literate, done some CAD drafting- then you are off and running. Otherwise you may have to start with the basics of learning how to draw in a CAD system.

There is a Documentation folder with extensive PDFs to read in the mastercam root directory on a variety of topics

For programming. there should be a samples directory with sub-folders broken into machining strategy groups, these revolve around exercise lessons that are built into a training book ( I think ) available thru mastercam

How's that for starters ??
    I'll look for the PDF. I have Bobcad23, but I'm not sure how different Bobcad is from Mastercam. I still don't know a lot with Bobcad, but I can muddle through it decently. I just want to make myself more marketable.

heres some good mastercam info
    Cudacountry Mastercam X Tutorials
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

Quote Originally Posted by cybrhick View Post
    I have been working as a CNC Machinist for over 10 years. Most of my experience has been in aerospace machining, and most of the machines I have run have conversational controls. (Mazak, Hurco, etc.)

Due to the space program being in limbo, and the shuttle program coming to an end, my job is also coming to an end. So I am back out in the job market, and looking for something in the pay range I am used to. Most of these jobs are requireing Mastercam knowledge. Is there any place I could find training? Possibly free?
    You can download and try some MasterCAM training materials first!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffliu2 View Post
    You can download and try some MasterCAM training materials first!
    Lots of free training there When I saw the link to one of my Youtube videos I didn't know whether to be flattered or pissed off.

We have some sample videos at eapprentice.net A subscription to our online training course costs $25 per month with no long term commitment. Plan on putting in 100 hours minimum on the exercises to get you to a place where you can program in Mastercam quickly and efficiently.

Subscribers can download a student version of Mastercam

Mastercam Training Online

I've taken some of the introduction videos from our training CD's and put them on YouTube.
    YouTube - TFMTraining's Channel
    The full course content is available at our web site.
    Video Training on Solidworks, Autocad, Inventor, Mastercam and More. There's some other free samples there also.

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com