586,117 active members*
3,606 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CNC Lathe setup

I have a daewoo puma 8s with a fanuc ot-c and have no idea on the set up of machine(tool offsets)how and where do these go.Can one of you guys walk me through this process.

HELP I'am lost!!!!!!!!!

OT-C set up is easy..

Hi:

First, offsets are "measured" into the offset table.
    Press "Offset" on the keypad, the table will come up. If you see "Work Coordinate" don't worry, those are important too.

Press offset again and the table will come up.

Measure function is "m" (for measure) the axis desired (X or Z) and the amount - say the fron of the part is zero - touch tool to part - GENTLY - and "M - Z - 0" then the green start button. that's it!

-Douglas

There are other tricks, but this is an easy straight forward control. Let me know how I can help.

I would consider using a permanent fixture, like the chuck face, to measure tools and call z0, you can home the machine out in z, then reset the incramental position in z to 0, touch tool off on the chuck, and the number in the incramental position is the number you enter into the z axis tool geometry, when thats done for all of your tools, touch the face of the part(finished part length, not raw stock) and find the work coordinates page and on the g54 line measure m-z-0 there, doing that shifts all the tools out and now calls that point z0., if the part needs to have machining done to both sides, you can use the g55 for the second side and shift again, the advantage is you dont need to touch your tools off for every setup, and you can program both sides of the part to finish at z0. instead of programming half the part to leave stock for the flip side

long time ago I worked with Mazak in mazatrol. Now I am going back to operate Mazak lathe again but it's using Gcode instead of mazatrol. How to change offset and get tool length and Z0 for this Mazak maxhine?

How to get Z0 work coordinate on Mazak lathe machine.

Re: OT-C set up is easy..

We have a similar situation; a few Daewoo Puma lathes with O-t controls and tool presetters, and nobody to set them up.....
    Can you provide a power-up procedure with axis zero returns, etc? Thanks. Or at least point me in another direction...