586,036 active members*
3,832 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Alarm 120 "Low Air Pressure"

Alarm 120 "Low Air Pressure"

Good morning to all. I have a 2003 VF-2SS with a "low Air" alarm that I am unable to track down the problem. Up until now, I have pulled the head cover, located and jumpered the wire to the low air pressure switch (basically bypassing the switch), went into parameter #76 and changed it from 1500 to 9999. I have 100 PSI feeding to the main regulator and the regulator set to 90 PSI. Can anyone tell me if there is another switch in this system to create this alarm? We bought this machine new and have not had any issues until the last few days. Is it possible that the "low air" switch has a normally closed contact and the presence of air opens it or is it a normally open contact and air closes it? I am asking this, because I was getting the alarm every couple of hours, and now it is on constant. ???? I am open to any help out there! Thanks in advance!!!!
    Just a good ol' boy, never meanin' no harm.
    Joe

Try jumpering the switch at the I/O board in case you have a bad cable; P12 I believe. Also, watch the low air bit on the diagnostics page to see if it changes.

Good luck.

low air

that happened to me .because, i had to much pulling air on an old commpressor at one time air grinders,sandblasters,exc. my solution was to in stall an extra 100 gal. air tank that the commpressor has to fill as well as filling itself. i havent had a problem with it since .your problem sounds electronic in origin. but, in any case mayb its something you havent thought of. good luck charles from paris tn.
    The outlaw josey wales

Haastech,
    You nailed it!! Bad cable in the wire track! I noticed the alarm coming and going while moving the head up and down. At a certain spot, the alarm would just flicker briefly but with parameter 76 at 1500, it would set the alarm in stone! Definitly helped my diagnosis, with the parameter at 9999.

Charlie,
    Good thought and I did think of that also! Thanks for the assistance guys! Again, Proof that the "zone" can work to your advantage, "if used properly"!
    Kudos:
    Just a good ol' boy, never meanin' no harm.
    Joe

I know this is going to sound wired but you need to go through the TC recovery. If you get a low air alarm durning a tool change it locks it in until you go through the recovery

l

Re: Alarm 120 "Low Air Pressure"

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan33 View Post
    I know this is going to sound wired but you need to go through the TC recovery. If you get a low air alarm durning a tool change it locks it in until you go through the recovery
    In case anyone else is seeing this issue, the TC recovery that Bryan suggested worked for me.

My symptoms: 2006 Haas VF9, 100psi to back of machine, regulator set to 85psi, low pressure alarm stayed on when air line unplugged, with air line plugged in the alarm would go away and only come back when attempting a tool change

Issue started because of low air pressure at our compressor (air pressure switch went bad), second time I've had this issue in the 8 months we've had the machine... I think I got lucky the first time clearing it, now I know the solution

Hopefully this helps save some people some $$$.

Over six year old post.
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Quote Originally Posted by Machineit View Post
    Over six year old post.
    And thank goodness it still comes up on Google so I didn't have to make a new one or pay for Haas to come out to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by tparent View Post
    And thank goodness it still comes up on Google so I didn't have to make a new one or pay for Haas to come out to fix it.
    And, all that happens without wasting our time to reread it.
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28