586,035 active members*
3,797 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Mastercamu online training

Mastercamu online training

I am considering using the Mastercamu.com online training to become Mastercam certified.
    Can anyone vouch for the quality of this training?

Also, I'm running a Mac desktop with an Intel i5 quad core processor and Parallels 6 software to run windows programs. Does anyone know if Mastercam will run on that platform?

Thanks for your help.

There appears to be some issues running MCam on a Mac,,,, I'd like to find out how to do it too, as I have an i7 iMac with loads of RAM and HD space..

I did the Streaming Teacher series for about 6 months, and found it very helpful for getiing up to speed on X4...don't know about the other training.

The Streaming method allows you to download the Mastercam file and design/draw/program along with the video presentation. The presentations are pretty well done, IMHO.

Mike Mattera's stuff is pretty good too....

Just keep in mind that each teacher brings his own take on what's important and there's always going to be holes in the lesson...so it helps to get multiple viewpoints or teacher's input to give a better core understanding of why, instead of rote memorization.

Subscription training has a beginning and and end date.
    Video Training CD's go on forever.

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

Thanks for the input

Thanks for the input guys.
    I'm going to check out several different training methods. Maybe each offers free samples so I can make an informed decision. One thing I want to know about each method is if there is a way to get feedback if I have questions.

Of course first I have to find out if Mastercam will run on my imac first. I'm pretty sure I can download the educational version to try it.

Thanks again

Free Samples

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

Quote Originally Posted by fizzissist View Post
    There appears to be some issues running MCam on a Mac,,,, I'd like to find out how to do it too, as I have an i7 iMac with loads of RAM and HD space..

I did the Streaming Teacher series for about 6 months, and found it very helpful for getiing up to speed on X4...don't know about the other training.

The Streaming method allows you to download the Mastercam file and design/draw/program along with the video presentation. The presentations are pretty well done, IMHO.

Mike Mattera's stuff is pretty good too....

Just keep in mind that each teacher brings his own take on what's important and there's always going to be holes in the lesson...so it helps to get multiple viewpoints or teacher's input to give a better core understanding of why, instead of rote memorization.
    I have run MC x4 on a Mac Pro desktop and a mac pro laptop. using Bootcamp and Parallels . go with bootcamp.

Ran well had no issues except some of the keys.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mattera View Post
    Subscription training has a beginning and and end date.
    Video Training CD's go on forever.

Mike Mattera
    i think he is looking for a certificate. your videos are great. i learned a lot from them, but some places like to see the certification papers especially federal jobs
    If you can ENVISION it I can make it

Mastercam books are good also. Instructions from how to draw a line to 3D models. Contour and drilling to surfacing tool paths. You can go for certification at most resellers who offer classes once you are comfortable that you know enough.