586,052 active members*
4,357 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: X2 arch help

X2 arch help

I know this is going to be stupid simple and I am sure it is in here but I just do not know the terminology to look it up correctly. Here is my problem....

When ramping and 3D contouring I would like to see I, J, and K's used. Right now I am getting 360 short lines to make a circle. I had it set to that before my last laptop crapped out but forgot where to change the setting.

Thanks again for all the help. This site and its members are awesome

Well crap, I feel stupid. I asked the same question about 2 years back. I went in and it already shows arcs supported. Anything else I might be missing?

Check the arc filter tolerance for that specific toolpath. You should enable the sections that say

-CREATE ARCS IN XY
    -CREATE ARCS IN XZ
    -CREATE ARCS IN YZ

Also - your post may not be able to handle it if it isn't set up right also...but normally the posts are ok with any arcs that are generated.
    Tim

Your "Filter" must be turned ON for 2D/3D stuff, and the curved entity that the tool is following should not be a spline ( these nearly always give point to point code )
    ....plus any arcs should be "normal" to the tool axis, that is to say, that any circle that is rotated from the FRONT by 0.1°, is when viewed from the TOP, is technically an ellipse----if your filter is set to a fine tolerance, you will get point to point code, if set higher, you shold start to get a series of arcs

if surfacing, it is the "Tolerance" control that affects the converting of the graphical toolpaths to NC code.

Smile How to fix ?

Not to hi-jack this thread, but Steve you say, "and the curved entity that the tool is following should not be a spline ( these nearly always give point to point code )" how does one convert a spline to arc's?? Just curious.

Regards,
    Harold

Use the "Simplify" button in the "Edit" pulldown

if it doesn't convert to arcs, you could either open the tolerance (on the "Ribbon Bar"), or break the spline into shorter lengths and then try to simplify