586,636 active members*
2,980 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

EMC2 and X axis configuration with 2 sevro's

I am working on driving my x axis with 2 servos using Gecko 320's for each motor. I have been using the EMC2 Stepconfig program to set up the axis/pin assignments. I have tried assigning the pin outputs of the controller board (via the configuration) so both x axis drives are run at the same time and this will only drive the first x axis and the second will be dead. If I switch motors, pin assignments, etc I can get the other motor running but never both at the same time. I also tried setting up the second x axis motor as an A axis and while this allows both motors to be jogged (in test mode) it does not allow them to run at the same time. I am really stumped on this one.

On a side note...I have looked through the prior posts and many have said this is possible but not provided much detail beyond what I have tried. Also, for Mach 3 users reading this....EMC2 does not have a Master-Slave options that does the setup automatically.

Thanks for any input offered.

Not sure if this is at all a normal thought but can't you use one gecko to run both motors parallel?
    Sven
    http://www.puresven.com/?q=building-cnc-router

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainVee View Post
    Not sure if this is at all a normal thought but can't you use one gecko to run both motors parallel?
    This would increase the load on the Gecko and power supply which would probably cause problems.

After much reading I was able to get everything working using the EMC2 gantrykins module which allowed me to drive both motors at the same time.