586,075 active members*
4,316 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > CNC Machining Centers > xilog plus not connecting to cnc

xilog plus not connecting to cnc

hi folks i was wondering if any one could give me a hand with my problem

i have an SCM TVN 132 and everytime i try to run panel mac (xilogplus) on the pc it takes a while to load and when the program finally boots up i get this error code ''Except [24,5] - NCI (8-3) communication failure with CNC'' i thinks it may be because the program is not set to the right com port but i may be wrong how do i solve my problem ive been pulling out my hair for about 1 week now and still no progress thanks for your time hope that someone can help me solve my predicament

Easiest thing would be to call SCM.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Call SCM, most likly the problem is that your PC is not comunicating with the NC, or your NC is not comunicating with the drives. Most likly they will ask you to disconnect all of the cables and UBSs and clean them.

****power the machine down first.

Does your PC boot automatically on power up of the machine?? I have a Morbidelli Author 800 that does this occasionally and i just close out the programs and shutdown the PC and then reboot the PC after the machine is fully operational and everything works fine.I believe it happens when the PC tries to communicate w/the CNC before the CNC is finished cycling through the start up process.

Quote Originally Posted by informust View Post
    hi folks i was wondering if any one could give me a hand with my problem

i have an SCM TVN 132 and everytime i try to run panel mac (xilogplus) on the pc it takes a while to load and when the program finally boots up i get this error code ''Except [24,5] - NCI (8-3) communication failure with CNC'' i thinks it may be because the program is not set to the right com port but i may be wrong how do i solve my problem ive been pulling out my hair for about 1 week now and still no progress thanks for your time hope that someone can help me solve my predicament

Had the same problem too

Have you tried changing the port to pc when installing xilogplus.
    my guess is your pc is broken my port did the same.
    try a diffrent pc or if you have done a windows update uninstall the last update and work back .this worked for me.