586,121 active members*
3,343 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tree > Looking for info: Tree Journeyman 465

Looking for info: Tree Journeyman 465

Looking for anything I can find on this machine.

I'm looking at one locally which apparently had a control conversion done some time ago and is now inperable. Not much for details yet, but hope to have more soon.

Any links/pics/references appreciated.

Jim

Never heard of one, and I worked for the dealer. Sure it's not a J425?

I have a little more info now, but will go by and look at it this afternoon to verify the model #.

The machine was retrofit at Delta Tau with a PMAC controller, Quad Amp, and Yasakawa servos.

I will obviously find out more in person than by email, but is it possible this machine was a manual mill previously and was converted to CNC or is it more likely the controls were just retrofit?

A lightning strike took it down, so there's no telling what I'm looking at for repairs...

My guess would be it was a J425, solid tank of a knee mill, only came 3 axis CNC with ballscrews and box ways. All of them i've seen had Dynapath controls, but it it possible it was actually a Tree Millennium (very short run) that had centroid controls on them.

Stopped by and looked at it today, sure enough, it's a J425. It's tucked back in a pretty tight area in an auto repair shop and the owner of the machine wasn't there, so I couldn't get inside of it to look at anything. However, the controls are all Delta Tau and it has an Advantage 810 operator panel and some sort of PMAC controller. Hard to tell what when the guy showing it knows little more than "I've seen them use it a while ago", but it does look like a pretty beefy machine.

The quad amp was removed and laying on the work table, so I can only assume some level of troubleshooting was done, but not sure if that would be better or worse.

The machine looks to be in decent condition, but I haven't bought a machine in 15 years and that was practically gifted to me. Anything I should look out for on a 425?

I'm electrical in background, so not worries about that end, just not sure about surveying the machine. They're asking 1200 firm, but that seems high for a machine with questionable cost to repair.

Any thoughts?

Seems a little on the high side for a non functional machine. If the Yaskawa spindle drive is toast ( these were factory BTW) your looking at 1200+ to fix it, 2500 for a new one. Delta Tau parts can be had on Ebay relatively cheap, but you need to make sure you get all the PLC programs and prints with it, otherwise you will be starting from scratch.