586,075 active members*
4,033 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

A Newbies been playing

Hi guys and gals, I'm in the mire so to speak.
    I had a problem some time back where my memory on the fanuc 21iT was filling up but no programmes were showing in the directory.
    I found out that it was programmes that had been uploaded from the PC, but the machine had been switched off before comms were stopped.
    Anyway, roaming through the manuals I found the "memory all clear", so downloaded the pararmaeters etc first in case anything went wrong. The result was fine, only the programs were missing and all was well.
    So today after noticing the memory was holding programs that again were not listed in the directory, I thought I'd be clever and "memory all clear" again.
    Slight problem, I seem to have lost all the parameters, and everything.
    I think I have set up the RS232 in the parameters to hopefully receive the backup I made last time around, but I cannot find away of uploading them to the NC. I acn't find a Read soft key anywhere.
    Can anybody help, from the infornation I've given as I'm at home now tearing my hair out. I know us newbies shouldn't mneee with things, but learning the hard way is always best

I finally got the parameters in off the pc, but am left with "function command transact. fails when booting up and also got error 300 Apc alarm : 3axis need zrn. I do not have a 3rd axis and I'm certain the parameters are ok