586,388 active members*
3,151 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Program tool pot select on an umbrella?

Program tool pot select on an umbrella?

I have a Cadet-Mate 4020 vertical with a 700M control and a 20 position umbrella ATC.

I have a job with several long drills and the part wants to go under the turret but some of the tools are long enough that they will hit the part.

I want to change the tool, index the umbrella to a pot with short tools surrounding it and the do the cutting. Problem is I don't see an M code or any other way to move the umbrella to the pot I want.

Any help on this would be appreciated. I do have User Task II if that helps.

Thanks!

Kev

I don't know if this will work, but have you tried just calling the tool without an M6, IE call the tool T1M6 and when the toolchange is done call T20 without M6. I don't know if it will work but it would, with the magazine changer.

Robert
    The beaten path, is exclusively for beaten men.

Program tool pot select on an umbrella?

Thanks but no this does not work. The machine knows it has to put the current tool away first so it holds the current position. Since there no ready station, tools always stay in the same spot in the carousel.

So the spindle is used to pull the tool off/on the casousel, before indexing to take the next tool.

One trick is to fill all the other pots ( with ficticious numbers) to stop the machine putting the tool back into another ramdom, empty pot.
    or
    Turn the long tool into a "large" tool, the pots either side become "dummy" pots and cannot be used , but this forces the machine to only place a large tool into a designated large pot