586,912 active members*
3,358 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > Sprutcam display issue

Sprutcam display issue

Hello,
    I'm trying the demo version of Sprutcam7 through Tormach and have a problem with the display. When I download a file, .dxf or .stl, the file seems to load but the image only "flashes" when I position the cursor over the display area. The curves etc. are loaded in the lower left box. The same problem occurs when I try to use the 2d drawing program.

The version is 7.1.139298 and I'm using W7 64 bit with 2g processor and 4g ram.

I'll contact Tormach Monday and am waiting permission to join the Sprutcam forum but thought someone here might have an idea to help me along this weekend.

Thanks,

John

Also, for what it is worth, I'm using Alibre and have tried reinstalling Sprutcam.

Not sure I understand what you are talking about in flashing over the display? Is that no matter what you do?

One thing I found out today. You can not run Alibre and SprutCam at the same time. Everytime I run Alibre and SprutCAM I get memory access violations. SprutCAM doesn't share the computer resources very well with other video programs.

Thanks for the reply Magnum164,

The display area is blank/dark, but if I put the cursor over the area and "click" on it, I will get a momentary flash view of the part. I do notice that the cpu indicator varies from 1 - 35%, I don't know if that has any bearing on the issue.

I will talk with Tormach tomorrow and post if I get a solution.

Good luck, let me know if they help. I just haven't had much luck with Tormach resolving SprutCAM issues.

If you are going from Alibre to SC, then have you tried IGES? IGES is a lot better than STL if you can use it.

Can you post the file? And what video card are you running? Sounds like it may not support OpenGL. Check under System settings>Visualization and make sure "use simple OpenGL objects only" is not selected. There are known issues running OpenGL programs in W7, or there used to be.

Talking

The problem lies with the screen attached. Un-check or check the circled boxes, then close and restart SprutCAM.

Magnum.....I still have yet to hear from you about this "file" you sent me that I did not help you with. I help many SprutCAM users everyday, and I do not appreciate your unsolicited opinions of the quality of service that I provide.

Why don't we try and help users instead of offering unhelpful suggestions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screen.jpg  

Thank you Eric,

I checked the "use simple openGL" and unchecked "use fast painting mode" and the image is now visible. I assumed it would be a simple fix and I appreciate the help.

John

Sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum164 View Post
    Not sure I understand what you are talking about in flashing over the display? Is that no matter what you do?

One thing I found out today. You can not run Alibre and SprutCam at the same time. Everytime I run Alibre and SprutCAM I get memory access violations. SprutCAM doesn't share the computer resources very well with other video programs.
    I run both all the time and on a laptop, it's not an issue on my Dell. I had the image issue also until I set the settings correctly, no problem since. These are a powerful combination and well worth the investment. Thanks Tormach.
    RAD. Yes those are my initials. Idea, design, build, use. It never ends.
    PCNC1100 Series II, w/S3 upgrade, PDB, ATC & 4th's, PCNC1100 Series II, 4th

Quote Originally Posted by R.DesJardin View Post
    I run both all the time and on a laptop, it's not an issue on my Dell. I had the image issue also until I set the settings correctly, no problem since. These are a powerful combination and well worth the investment. Thanks Tormach.
    Well Dell doesn't really tell me much. But there are lots of variables, including CPU/GPU version of SC and version of Alibre. I am running a Sager laptop, which still doesn't tell you very much either

So we should probably start here, I am using SC 7.1.39116 and Alibre Exert 2011.

As for the laptop, if you want to compare to your Dell. Here are the specs:

Intel Quad Core [email protected]
    4GB memory
    Vista Ultima x64
    Video GeForce 9800M GTX

Quote Originally Posted by jmc2532 View Post
    Hello,
    I'm trying the demo version of Sprutcam7 through Tormach and have a problem with the display. When I download a file, .dxf or .stl, the file seems to load but the image only "flashes" when I position the cursor over the display area. The curves etc. are loaded in the lower left box. The same problem occurs when I try to use the 2d drawing program.

John
    Hi John, could you please try this nightly build of SprutCAM 7.1.3.

http://download.sprutcam.com/downloa....3.40251rc.exe.

with the <Fast painting mode> turned on and <Windows desktop composition> enabled (Air glass theme).

In that build we have tweaked a little bit our OpenGL rendering approach.
    Please, let me know if it works.