586,080 active members*
3,598 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Problem with Siemens Sinumerik 3M

Hi!
    First of all I'm new to this forum and my experience with cnc is restricted to a DIY conversion of a smaller workbench mill. Anyway some time ago I bougth my self a Storebro Combi-Mill with Sinumerik 3M controller. The machine works fine but i have not succeded in communication (data input/Output) between my laptop and the Siemens controller. Can anyone tell what the I/0 settings should be in the laptop COM port and are there any settings to check in the controller.

When i opened the PC-cabinet I also noticed that a red led "Pheripery fault" is on, does anyone have any clues on this one, I haven't noticed any malfunctions except for that I can't get the communication to the laptop working.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 05122010(001).jpg   06122010.jpg  

do you have pc-in program. first you must control interface bits. baudrate bits must be same with pc-in. we use 1200 baudrate. this is very optimum.
    after the bits settings you need force a bit. i dont remember this but i will research my documents. this bit's active transfer ports for sinumerik 3G. i think need same force for Sinumerik 3M. i will research for you. and i can share my knowledge for you few days later.

Thanks for the reply, I've now figured out how to set the baud rates in the cnc, (first I didn't know how to change the parameters), so I'll set the baud rate to 1200 in both pc and cnc and try that. Should the cable be with with full handshake ?. I'm using Aggsoft/DNCprecsision for transfering and I have made the cable with full handshake.

Regards
    nyhoyn