586,033 active members*
3,079 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > What does 3/4 hp pump upgrade come with?

What does 3/4 hp pump upgrade come with?

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out if the 3/4 hp coolant pump upgrade from haas includes anything else besides the pump, motor, and adapter plate. (possibly a relay?) I'm trying to get one set up on my 2004 mini mill. The 3 amp coolant breaker keeps triping. Is it correct that all I need to do is get a 10 amp breaker? My HFO person said they wouldn't recommend putting a 10 amp breaker in the machine, and that I should get the upgrade kit from Haas. I already have the exact OEM motor and pump, and made an adapter bracket myself.

Any input is appreciated.

- Andrew

3/4 HP Coolant Pump

Hi Andrew,

On one of the other machinist forums one of the guys said this:
    The PN is 61-7300, $30.00.
    for the 10 AMP circuit breaker.

You may want to check with your local HFO to verify the number.

I purchased a new HAAS 2007 TM-1P and ordered the OEM 3/4HP High Output Coolant pump option package which included the larger coolant recovery tank. The mill had a 3 AMP circuit breaker installed from the factory. The tech that installed it removed the 3 AMP breaker and installed a 10 AMP breaker that was included in the box of parts for the option installation. Mine has been operating with the 3/4 HP coolant pump and the 10 AMP breaker since installation in 2007.

On a separate issue the original coolant pump motor on my machine was a Baldor. It would get HOT and trip the 10 AMP breaker. HAAS replaced it under warranty with different brand motor and it has worked fine since, nice and cool to the touch.

Of course you would install this at your own risk and I assume no responsibility for any installation that you may do.

If you have the PCOOL option you may want to check out my gallery and look at the modifications that I have done to my system. Again, if you decide to do any of these modifications you do so at your own risk.

Also, you may want to do a search here as well as on the other forum "HAAS MILL" subform for "Coolant" as there are other threads on the subject.

Hope this information was of some help.

John
    2007 HAAS TM-1P OneCNC XR5 Mill Pro. Shopbot PRT running Mach3 2010 Screen Set, Super PID and PMDX Electronics.Check out my Gallery on: http://[email protected]

Andrew-

I think they are 1. covering their A$$ 2. They would rather sell you the $400 upgrade rather than a $30 breaker.

I ended up buying a 45 gallon coolant tank with the pump from a company that only runs carbon. It is from a VF2. I'm hooking it up this weekend with my new breaker.

Tim