586,096 active members*
3,565 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!
Page 26 of 41 16242526272836

Re: Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    This is not new we all know that you can jumper this connection,( I have posted that before, for testing use only) the reason you need a relay is it is not safe to use without it

The Parameters are also what has been posted hundreds of times

So for anyone reading this post, this does not eliminate the use of a relay, when using PWM control, a Relay must be used for safety reasons
    I understand all of that and I did not go through 42 pages to see that, my apologies. I have stated what I have done to make it work. I have not been told how to wire in a relay to FOR and DCM to get the relay to work so I had to figure it out myself. I also KNOW that the PID settings are common, I just made sure to post them for PC control in case others needed it. I would gladly wire in a relay. I am just trying to work with what I have as I do not have $$ to buy more things right now. I have a 12v relay in hand and if I can use that, fine. Otherwise, I will have to make due with what I have for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Custom Creation View Post
    I understand all of that and I did not go through 42 pages to see that, my apologies. I have stated what I have done to make it work. I have not been told how to wire in a relay to FOR and DCM to get the relay to work so I had to figure it out myself. I also KNOW that the PID settings are common, I just made sure to post them for PC control in case others needed it. I would gladly wire in a relay. I am just trying to work with what I have as I do not have $$ to buy more things right now. I have a 12v relay in hand and if I can use that, fine. Otherwise, I will have to make due with what I have for now.
    Just be carful when you change the cutters, if it starts when you have your hands changing a cutter, which it can do, you can expect some damage

What kind of Breakout Board do you have

You just need an output configured from you Breakout Board to turn the relay on/off, it is connected to the VFD the same way as you have it with the jumper
    Mactec54

Just be carful when you change the cutters, if it starts when you have your hands changing a cutter, which it can do, you can expect some damage

What kind of Breakout Board do you have

You just need an output configured from you Breakout Board to turn the relay on/off, it is connected to the VFD the same way as you have it with the jumper
    I do not have a BOB. I am using the Panucatt Gradus board running GRBL 1.1.

Here are my connections:

I do not have a BOB. I am using the Panucatt Gradus board running GRBL 1.1.

Here are my connections:
    You could use any of the spare output to turn the Relay On / Off, if the output is12v to suit for the relay you have, just have to configure the software to turn it on for your spindle M3 on M5 off
    Mactec54

You could use any of the spare output to turn the Relay On / Off, if the output is12v to suit for the relay you have, just have to configure the software to turn it on for your spindle M3 on M5 off
    I have not noticed 12v output from any of them

I have not noticed 12v output from any of them
    That would be strange, as you have input supply voltage of 12v to 48v, do you have there manual, it should say how the outputs can be used, you have coolant and mist outputs, that could be used as well as others, if they are only 5v then a simple 5v relay you can get very cheap, just do a search 5v Relay and you will have many choices from $3 and up
    Mactec54

Hi,

I am looking for the RPM vs TORQUE/POWER chart of HuangYang 2.2Kw water cooled spindle motor.

Anobody knows where to find this spec?

I want to know how much power/torque I am losing if I work at 12000 or 18.000 rpms for cutting aluminum.

My machine resonates/vibrates at very high RPM (24.000) and it's not trivial at the moment how to solve this vibration issue (without doing big mods).

Anyway,
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by takeda View Post
    Hi,

I am looking for the RPM vs TORQUE/POWER chart of HuangYang 2.2Kw water cooled spindle motor.

Anobody knows where to find this spec?

I want to know how much power/torque I am losing if I work at 12000 or 18.000 rpms for cutting aluminum.

My machine resonates/vibrates at very high RPM (24.000) and it's not trivial at the moment how to solve this vibration issue (without doing big mods).

Anyway,
    Thanks
    Is this a Machine problem or a Spindle Problem, these Spindles are usually not to bad for vibration

You would not be loosing very much at 18,000 RPM as the Torque seems to taper off from around 20,000 RPM proportionally in both directions 12,000RPM you would notice a drop, but this can be boosted a little with some Parameter changes
    Mactec54

Is this a Machine problem or a Spindle Problem, these Spindles are usually not to bad for vibration

You would not be loosing very much at 18,000 RPM as the Torque seems to taper off from around 20,000 RPM proportionally in both directions 12,000RPM you would notice a drop, but this can be boosted a little with some Parameter changes
    It's the machine's problem, the table is made of aluminum extrusions and an 5083 aluminum plate which resonates at >20.000 rpm....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 33102530_2155709797998508_8902891313918115840_n.jpg  

Thanks

Any ideas on the parameters of VFD to gain more torque at lower RPM (in the range 12K to 18K)?

Also, do you remember where you've seen the chart?

FYI, this may help someone.

I've found that by lowering the current from MY MOTOR's SPEC 8.5A to 7A in a vain effort to keep from tripping a breaker, my motor would only turn a few RPM, but did not error. Oddly, the resulting current draw was 11A. With the current back to where it is supposed to be the current draw is about 2A.

I am still testing, but it seems to run like a bear now : )

[I suspect that because the motor's run closed loop, the VFD didn't know that the motor never started, and because the motor was not running, the VFD was trying to fight the resulting phase condition, raising the current draw.]

To settle bets about parameter input order, on my unit, PD003 will not take anything over 50 until some of the others are filled out. Looks like a bug or an interesting design decision to me. Of course there is the PD013 rest thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Could someone take the finer points of this thread and make a FAQ sticky?

Seeing that I am here....

So, is it impossible to do a proper EStop with a Huanyang VFD?

The manual states: no contractor.
    Connecting RST to DCM, with PD046 set to 4 (stop) will apparently NOT stop if either the RS485 or user input is active.
    I've heard about problems with the EStop restarting when power is reapplied.

(Thanks, as it is a safety thing.)

[I am otherwise considering two sets of contacts on a 15A industrial relay.]
    This rots, my body or my warranty. Sigh.]

The parameter for RST in E-Stop is PD046 = 13, default is 04, if using RS485 all commands are through this link, and the stop code is 08 over RS485.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

@Al_The_man, thank you for the reply.

Though, what I want is a Estop that works irrespective of RS485, while I am using RS485.
    My general feeling is: a serial bit-banged Estop is no Estop.

Oddly enough, I think that by selecting to use the VFD panel buttons will also deactivate the RST functionality, assuming that setting PD001 (Source of Commands) to either 0 (Operator) or 2 (Communication Port) will disable the RST external terminal.

What I want: a normally open or normal closed switch on the terminals to stop the motor.

Commentary: This may be a serious safety consideration against using Huanyang VFDs, all because their programmers don't know how to do a logical-OR on two variables.

Plan B: Has anyone wrecked their Huanyang VFD by disconnecting the power from it whilst it is running?
    [I plug my rig into an outlet with a plug, so it seems it can handle the make/break transients, though I have industrial common mode noise filters before the VFD. But power loss, it might not like.]

All of the major manufacturer's of VFD's show the use of a 3ph contactor on the input of the VFD, this is also required by NEC/CEC and NFPA79 regarding hard wired E-Stop operations.
    I have disconnected the Huanyang this way without any harmful effects.
    The down side there is a slight delay before the spindle stops, but usually the time is dependent on the load.
    Ideally the soft stop should be issued at the same time as the hardwired E-Stop.
    Al.

Albert E.

Thanks Al. That's good to read. I am on a fixed income, and the idea of choosing between a second wave of flying carbide and a $150 box is not a happy choice. I don't mind if the spindle has to wind down, as long as it's on it's way down, so I can concentrate to my ducking and running. I don't like mishaps that fester and continue to evolve. I don't have a breaking resistor anyway.

I have a double pole relay that has 15 amps per contact set. It's my hope that using a pair should do the trick without welding shut. I have a common mode filter before the VFD, which as a few capacitors bridging the rails to pass the lows, as well.

Thanks again : )

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaEM View Post
    @Al_The_man, thank you for the reply.

Though, what I want is a Estop that works irrespective of RS485, while I am using RS485.
    My general feeling is: a serial bit-banged Estop is no Estop.

Oddly enough, I think that by selecting to use the VFD panel buttons will also deactivate the RST functionality, assuming that setting PD001 (Source of Commands) to either 0 (Operator) or 2 (Communication Port) will disable the RST external terminal.

What I want: a normally open or normal closed switch on the terminals to stop the motor.

Commentary: This may be a serious safety consideration against using Huanyang VFDs, all because their programmers don't know how to do a logical-OR on two variables.

Plan B: Has anyone wrecked their Huanyang VFD by disconnecting the power from it whilst it is running?
    [I plug my rig into an outlet with a plug, so it seems it can handle the make/break transients, though I have industrial common mode noise filters before the VFD. But power loss, it might not like.]
    It's not recommended to plug / unplug a VFD Drive, the only reason you have gotten away with it, is your filter is taking the hit so saving the Drive for now

Many users have smoked the IGBTs by cutting the main power while the motor is running

RST functions in all modes, this is what can be used in a safety circuit, or used as a drive fault output

FOR and DCM can be switched for On / Off control of your motor, can be any kind of switch, or relay
    Mactec54

It has been my tested observation the RST does not works when set to stop works with "operator" panel controls. Perhaps they updated the firmware. From what I have read there is (in my opinion) also a bad design decision concerning the use of the RST set to Estop, like the machine restarting to an "on" state after the Estop is unset.

A potentially dangerous machine needs to have a proper emergency stop. Perhaps the VFDs on the market should be able to handle an Estop event. Yes unplugging it will send high frequency transients, which should be filtered out in a properly designed power supply, in a VFD designed to protect the MOSFETS from the motor's back EMF. There should have at least one dedicated Estop line which at least bypasses anything programed.

[In my area of Silicon Valley, there was a power interruption every Friday, which fortunately, doesn't happen any more.]

If I cut the motor while the VFD is running, there will be metal in the air anyway, and not in a good way. I know how to solder; fingers and eyes don't grow back.

I rent, so there will be no hardwired anything, so the only thing I can do is try my best.

Currently, before the FVD, I have an industrial filter.

[ ...which seems to be a common-mode choke, with caps that would appear to short HF. This part was used for a multiple relay-switched servo-system for a spare-no-cost wafer fabrication machine.]

I am not sure if there are MOVs in there, but I could add some on the filter terminals for a bit more protection.

Before the filter and VFD the spindle system is presently energized through a bridged pair of 20A contacts in an industrial relay. It's my hope that the relay will make/break a little less gnarley than a plug.

There's nothing I can do about the motor back EMF. I don't think the VFD would like me adding MOVs to the motor wires.

It would be heck of a 'Nuisance' if every time a breaker tripped or a power outage occurred it required the purchase of another VFD .

The amount of correct information coming from both the manuals and the factory support leaves alot to be desired.
    I have consulted both in order to get some definitive information, in some of the replies from the factory technical support contradicted what was specified in the manual.
    The factory instructional video's that were sent were a bit of a joke, the demo of a typical hook up did not even use a ground wire!.
    As my installations are in an industrial setting, I have to conform to CEC/NFPA79 for the required E_Stop which has 3 categories 0, 1 or 2.
    All require the removal of power to motive power via physical disconnection.
    Al.

Albert E.

I installed some MOVs across the power filter pins. I am going to order some with a higher Joule rating, but for now, these should be better than nothing. I put them past the common-mode low-pass filters, in hopes that filters will protect the MOVs so they may will wear less.

When I feel better, I am going to look for transients with my oscilloscope.

[Because I don't have a isolation transformer, I need to be really careful. For 115v work, I wish my oscilloscope wasn't grounded. In the U.S. all you have to do is test one wrongly wired outlet--and bang! BTW, I've found just an wrongly-wired outlet strip with the black wired to the wide blade. If you touch an oscilloscope ground probe to the narrow blade of a US outlet, it will smoke the probe in your hand, and likely destroy the scope.]

Page 26 of 41 16242526272836