586,070 active members*
3,543 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!
Page 29 of 41 19272829303139

Re: Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!

This is the relay that I have to use with my Panucatt Gradus board. What do I connect to it in order to turn on/off the 1.5kw 220v VFD spindle through PC control?

TIA for the help!

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rockaukum View Post
    Okay, I made the two changes. PD2=1 and PD70=1. I ran the VFD with the spindle disconnected and it seemed to work fine. I was able to control the spindle speed up to 24,000 and back down to 7,200. i stopped the run and hooked up the spindle and tried again. This time I got an error code. I stopped the run again and disconnected the spindle. Started the run again and got the same error code. E.OC.A is the error code.
    Any help would be great!
    Thanks,
    rockaukum
    This can mean more than one thing, what do you have Parameter P011 and P012 set to, is the Ground connected in the spindle this needs to be checked, E.O.C.A is over current and can mean other problems as well

Input Power Wiring R and T for your 2 Hot wires Plus Ground , check that the Ground wire is connected to Ground
    Mactec54

Thanks for hanging in there with me Mactec54.
    PD11=120, I did not change factory setting on PD12 so what ever it was preset to from the factory. I went through the suggested settings found in this thread. The spindle is grounded, as I took off the top of the spindle and ran a jumper to the body under the cap. On the input side, I have hooked up the 220 as follows. Hot to R, hot to R and ground to the grounding screw. This is the same wiring and spindle that was used on the previous spindle which took a dive. It worked for about 1 1/2 years before it took a dump. I got a replacement only this one had the POT on the front panel so I think it would be a lot nicer to use it than setting the speed via the key pad.
    rockaukum

Thanks for hanging in there with me Mactec54.
    PD11=120, I did not change factory setting on PD12 so what ever it was preset to from the factory. I went through the suggested settings found in this thread. The spindle is grounded, as I took off the top of the spindle and ran a jumper to the body under the cap. On the input side, I have hooked up the 220 as follows. Hot to R, hot to R and ground to the grounding screw. This is the same wiring and spindle that was used on the previous spindle which took a dive. It worked for about 1 1/2 years before it took a dump. I got a replacement only this one had the POT on the front panel so I think it would be a lot nicer to use it than setting the speed via the key pad.
    rockaukum
    Sorry PD-11=120 Hz spindle speed minimum

PD-11=120 Hz is the minimum speed it will run

PD=12=10

PD=13=10

There are no Factory Parameters that are correct out of the box to run these spindles

You may have typed it incorrect R is Hot and T is Hot for 240v NA connection

If you have not set the Parameters then you will have to do this before you can run the spindle I have a list of what you need I just have to know what spindle and VFD Drive you have
    Mactec54

Mactec54,
    Yes there is a typo. Connections to the VFD are on R and T with S blank and ground to ground. This is a HY 2.2kw VFD and Spindle. Power is single phase 220 wired directly off the 20 amp breaker while I wait for the recommended two pole switch. I have read through most of this thread in search of proper settings and have used the setting that are recommended by you in an earlier posting. then I went back and adjusted eh PD setting on 02 to 1 and 70 to 1. I will head down tot he shop and make the additional change on PD 12. I thought once you did PD13 to factory reset (08) then you did all the settings. So does this mean that I need to go back to PD13 and set it to 10 after the other codes are set?
    If there is any more information required, please advise.
    Thanks
    rockaukum

Mactec54,
    Yes there is a typo. Connections to the VFD are on R and T with S blank and ground to ground. This is a HY 2.2kw VFD and Spindle. Power is single phase 220 wired directly off the 20 amp breaker while I wait for the recommended two pole switch. I have read through most of this thread in search of proper settings and have used the setting that are recommended by you in an earlier posting. then I went back and adjusted eh PD setting on 02 to 1 and 70 to 1. I will head down tot he shop and make the additional change on PD 12. I thought once you did PD13 to factory reset (08) then you did all the settings. So does this mean that I need to go back to PD13 and set it to 10 after the other codes are set?
    If there is any more information required, please advise.
    Thanks
    rockaukum
    20A may not be enough 25A is normally the minimum for a 2.2Kw spindle when using single phase power supply

If you did a Factory reset which I don't recommend to do unless you really have to, you have to reset every Parameter that you needed for your spindle or motor that you want to run, when a factory reset is done it will default to 50Hz or 60Hz settings and this will damage the VFD Drive if not changed before powering up one of these spindles

Do you have air cooled or water cooled 400Hz or 300Hz spindle
    Mactec54

Mactec54,
    My process for setting up the VFD and air cooled spindle was this:
    Bring power to VFD with single phase 220. Connected to R and T along with ground. Spindle wires were attached but not connected to the spindle.
    Factory reset PD013 to 8. Then went through your recommended settings for setting up the air cooled spindle with this VFD.
    I set PD 005 first, next PD004,003,072 and 144 as the seller said I MUST do this in order... After which I continued on with the other parameters provided in this thread.
    Once all parameters were set, i hit the run button and all seemed to work just fine. I adjusted the POT and found that it was restricting the full potential of the spindle. If memory serves me correctly, I think it went up to 14 or 15K rpm.
    I made the recommended setting of PD02 to 1 (which I had done originally) and then PD070 to 1. With the spindle disconnected I hit run again. This is where the error code came up (E.OC.A) It happens with or without the spindle connected. This is where it sits as of now with the spindle disconnected.
    I went to review the notes form the seller of the VFD and spindle (Solar Jean) and they recommended using a 15 or 20 amp breaker and to use that breaker as the power switch for the VFD. I will be installing a 20A 220V two pole switch in the near future as a control source for the power to the VFD.
    The spindle is 400Hz.
    As aside note, Early on in the process I set up the VFD with the same parameters with the exception of PD 002 and PD070. The VFD and spindle seemed to work just fine with a full range of speeds by using the buttons on the panel.
    I hope I got all the info for ya and thanks again for all the help and insight.
    rockaukum

Mactec54,
    My process for setting up the VFD and air cooled spindle was this:
    Bring power to VFD with single phase 220. Connected to R and T along with ground. Spindle wires were attached but not connected to the spindle.
    Factory reset PD013 to 8. Then went through your recommended settings for setting up the air cooled spindle with this VFD.
    I set PD 005 first, next PD004,003,072 and 144 as the seller said I MUST do this in order... After which I continued on with the other parameters provided in this thread.
    Once all parameters were set, i hit the run button and all seemed to work just fine. I adjusted the POT and found that it was restricting the full potential of the spindle. If memory serves me correctly, I think it went up to 14 or 15K rpm.
    I made the recommended setting of PD02 to 1 (which I had done originally) and then PD070 to 1. With the spindle disconnected I hit run again. This is where the error code came up (E.OC.A) It happens with or without the spindle connected. This is where it sits as of now with the spindle disconnected.
    I went to review the notes form the seller of the VFD and spindle (Solar Jean) and they recommended using a 15 or 20 amp breaker and to use that breaker as the power switch for the VFD. I will be installing a 20A 220V two pole switch in the near future as a control source for the power to the VFD.
    The spindle is 400Hz.
    As aside note, Early on in the process I set up the VFD with the same parameters with the exception of PD 002 and PD070. The VFD and spindle seemed to work just fine with a full range of speeds by using the buttons on the panel.
    I hope I got all the info for ya and thanks again for all the help and insight.
    rockaukum
    The seller would not have a clue as to what size Breaker you would need, it needs to be rated at double the VFD Rated output amps for single phase use

Here is the minimum of Parameters that need to be set

Huanyang Mactec54
    2.2Kw 220v 400Hz Air Cooled

PD000=0 for Parameter unlock ( 1 ) for Parameter Lock

PD001=0 (1 For Remote Control)

PD002=0 ( 1 For 0-10v Terminal Control or Remote Trim Pot Control )
    ( J1 Also Needs to be set for Remote Terminal Control 1-2 jumper connection )

PD003=400

PD004=400

PD005=400

PD006=15

PD007=20

PD008=220 (Motor Rated Voltage )

PD009=15

PD010=8

PD011=120 ( 120 Minimum Setting VFD, 150 is Safe for air cooled for startup )

PD13= 08 is for Factory reset, Only use this to set VFD to Factory Default Settings

PD014 Acceleration=10 ( Adjust to suit)

PD015 Deceleration=10 (Adjust to suit) ( PD15 is ignored IF PD26=1 Then the Spindle will Coast to a Stop)

PD023=0 ( Forward Run Only )

PD041=8 ( Carrier Frequency up to 10 Max for these Spindle motors)

PD120=120 ( Stall Prevention )

PD141=220 ( Motor Rated Voltage )

PD142=9 ( Motor Max Amps 2.2Kw Spindle 9 amp )

PD143=2 ( Motor Number of Poles)

PD144=3000 (Max Motor RPM) =3,000= (24,000)

PD70=0 ( This may need to be set to 1 if Control Voltage is 0-5v )

PD72=400

PD73=120 ( 120 Minimum RPM Setting 150 is Safe for air cooled spindles at startup )

PD174=11 ( To Be Set to the VFD Drives Max Rated Output Amps )
    Mactec54

rockaukum

Try and clear the fault, by holding the stop button and turning the power on, check the U V W wiring at the VFD and in the spindle Plug, as this Fault happened when you reconnected the wiring, a short will also cause this Fault

If you can't clear the fault and the wiring is correct then contact the supplier as the VFD is Faulty
    Mactec54

Trying to figure out how to apply the relay to achieve control through external program instead of VFD module. I would like on/off (relay) and also speed control with program. My relay is 5v. Any help is appreciated.

TIA!

It is now! Bang she went! Very frustrating. I'll contact the seller and see what happen form there....
    rockaukum

It is now! Bang she went! Very frustrating. I'll contact the seller and see what happen form there....
    rockaukum
    It sounds like you have a short in the spindle or your wiring, both will have to be checked with a meter to see that wiring and spindle is ok before you connect to another VFD
    Mactec54

Okay, Does this sound correct for testing?
    disconnect the wires from the vfd and spindle. check continuity on each wire to see if there is a short?
    Check the pins on the spindle against ground. If grounded = bad?
    Or better yet... What is the best way to find the short?
    Thanks from a very depressed person!
    rockaukum

@mactec54, would it be possible to lend me some knowledge? :drowning:

Okay, Does this sound correct for testing?
    disconnect the wires from the vfd and spindle. check continuity on each wire to see if there is a short?
    Check the pins on the spindle against ground. If grounded = bad?
    Or better yet... What is the best way to find the short?
    Thanks from a very depressed person!
    rockaukum
    Check each pin on the spindle like this

Pin 1 to pin 2
    Pin 2 to pin 3
    Pin 3 to pin 1

And Ground ( spindle body ) to all the 4 pins

Cable U V W wires plus Ground, disconnected from the VFD check from the VFD end to each Pin in the plug and then check each Pin to the Shield
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by Custom Creation View Post
    Trying to figure out how to apply the relay to achieve control through external program instead of VFD module. I would like on/off (relay) and also speed control with program. My relay is 5v. Any help is appreciated.

TIA!

I have been busy this takes a lot of time to help everyone that posts, I help where and when I can I was hopping someone else would of helped you as there are many that know how to do this connection

It looks like you have ( 1 ) output to turn On/Off the relay

SPDL Dir + Ground would be where you connect the Relay, You can check this with a meter to see if it is turning On/Off from your control , it should supply a voltage between that SPDL and Ground Connection

Then as you have it in your diagram's the other end of the relay connects to the VFD FOR and DCM

So the important part to check it the output from your Breakout Board is working before you connect anything to it, your Breakout Board may already have a built in Relay although I did not see it, do you have the instruction manual for this Breakout Board

For the speed control VI and ACM this to you will have to see if it is working at the Breakout Board PWM and Ground this should change so if you have your control setup M3S12000 should read 5V if it does not do anything and the software is set correctly then you may need to add a 10v supply
    Mactec54

Okay,
    Here are the results to checking the wiring and the spindle.
    Wires: (Checked each pin with each end of the wire including the ground wire)
    Pin 1 shows continuity with its wire only.
    Pin 2 shows continuity with its wire only.
    Pin 3 shows continuity with its wire only.
    Pin 4 shows continuity with its wire only.
    Spindle: (Checked each pin with the body of the spindle)
    Pin 1 shows open (?) no continuity to the body
    Pin 2 shows open - no continuity with the body.
    Pin 3 shows open - no continuity with the body.
    Pin 4 shows closed - has continuity to the body.
    Spindle pins to each other:
    Pins 1 - 2 = shows open with no continuity.
    Pins 2 - 3 = shows closed with continuity.
    Pins 3 - 1 = shows open with no continuity.
    I thought I had read elsewhere that there should be approximately 2 ohms between the pins on the spindle so I checked that as well:
    Only Pins 2 - 3 registered which was at 2.2.
    I'm guessing it took the spindle with it when it went bang?!
    Any recommendation on VFD's. The seller is no longer responding to me (two days now) after I sent a video of the whole programing and testing of the vfd. They were so attentive up until that point. Now I am wondering if I should cut my losses and go a different route? I have read about the hitachi where people say it is good. What is the difference and why is it better? Any light that can be shed would be great.
    Thanks,
    rockaukum

Okay,
    Here are the results to checking the wiring and the spindle.
    Wires: (Checked each pin with each end of the wire including the ground wire)
    Pin 1 shows continuity with its wire only.
    Pin 2 shows continuity with its wire only.
    Pin 3 shows continuity with its wire only.
    Pin 4 shows continuity with its wire only.
    Spindle: (Checked each pin with the body of the spindle)
    Pin 1 shows open (?) no continuity to the body
    Pin 2 shows open - no continuity with the body.
    Pin 3 shows open - no continuity with the body.
    Pin 4 shows closed - has continuity to the body.
    Spindle pins to each other:
    Pins 1 - 2 = shows open with no continuity.
    Pins 2 - 3 = shows closed with continuity.
    Pins 3 - 1 = shows open with no continuity.
    I thought I had read elsewhere that there should be approximately 2 ohms between the pins on the spindle so I checked that as well:
    Only Pins 2 - 3 registered which was at 2.2.
    I'm guessing it took the spindle with it when it went bang?!
    Any recommendation on VFD's. The seller is no longer responding to me (two days now) after I sent a video of the whole programing and testing of the vfd. They were so attentive up until that point. Now I am wondering if I should cut my losses and go a different route? I have read about the hitachi where people say it is good. What is the difference and why is it better? Any light that can be shed would be great.
    Thanks,
    rockaukum
    No the spindle took the VFD out, the VFD was Ok until you reconnected it that is when the spindle took out the drive, the spindle most likely is what caused the fault

Strange that 2 coils failed together although one may have taken the other one out

Did you buy it on Ebay then file a complaint same if you got it from anywhere they will help you with the seller, sometimes they can take a while to return a email

Hitachi are good but will go bang to if the spindle has a short like this, when you ran it before how did you stop it, if you cut the main power when the spindle is running at max speed this can damage the spindle and VFD
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    I have been busy this takes a lot of time to help everyone that posts, I help where and when I can I was hopping someone else would of helped you as there are many that know how to do this connection

It looks like you have ( 1 ) output to turn On/Off the relay

SPDL Dir + Ground would be where you connect the Relay, You can check this with a meter to see if it is turning On/Off from your control , it should supply a voltage between that SPDL and Ground Connection

Then as you have it in your diagram's the other end of the relay connects to the VFD FOR and DCM

So the important part to check it the output from your Breakout Board is working before you connect anything to it, your Breakout Board may already have a built in Relay although I did not see it, do you have the instruction manual for this Breakout Board

For the speed control VI and ACM this to you will have to see if it is working at the Breakout Board PWM and Ground this should change so if you have your control setup M3S12000 should read 5V if it does not do anything and the software is set correctly then you may need to add a 10v supply
    I personally appreciate you being the only one giving out helpful info here lately. I was hoping someone would help I have already made a few cuts with my setup but would like to now add the control of the software to do the functions instead of the VFD. The only thing available for my BOB is the wiring that I have posted and a description of what the board has I suppose I would have to send a code from Grbl Panel or whichever program to initiate the output to SPDL DIR? I see you have posted the code for M3S12000 and I will do that also. I would just like to know what all I need to do so I can do it all at the same time to lessen the load for myself and the amount of replies you would have to do

Here is what I have so far. Not sure if the connections are correct so that is why I am posting for assurance. I REALLY appreciate your help!!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VFD-Full-PC-Control-Wiring.jpg  

Page 29 of 41 19272829303139