586,112 active members*
3,139 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!
Page 30 of 41 20282930313240

Re: Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!

Originally when the first bang with the original vfd I was mid cut on a bowl. I thought the spindle had escaped injury. That holds true when I first hooked up the replacement vfd the spindle worked (no load, air cut)? The issues flared up when I tried to get the panel mounted POT to work. It is foreign to me but learning a lot thanks to you and the others on the web. Problem is figuring out what to trust and what not to....
    Yes this was purchased from SolarJean. I contacted him (?) via ebay asking about it. He offered a better price off ebay and I went for it. I am trying to be patient but when they (solarjean) was quick to reply for all inquiries prior to this, I find it strange that the responses are not there?
    No idea why the first one blew up. Use the machine as a hobby and part time at best. I ran it for about a year and a half and out of the blue it blew. Don't know why, the cables are still good so what could it be? I'd sure like to avoid this in the future.
    Anyway, I'll find another set-up and move on....
    Thanks and I'll reference your parameters in the future.
    rockaukum

Quote Originally Posted by rockaukum View Post
    Originally when the first bang with the original vfd I was mid cut on a bowl. I thought the spindle had escaped injury. That holds true when I first hooked up the replacement vfd the spindle worked (no load, air cut)? The issues flared up when I tried to get the panel mounted POT to work. It is foreign to me but learning a lot thanks to you and the others on the web. Problem is figuring out what to trust and what not to....
    Yes this was purchased from SolarJean. I contacted him (?) via ebay asking about it. He offered a better price off ebay and I went for it. I am trying to be patient but when they (solarjean) was quick to reply for all inquiries prior to this, I find it strange that the responses are not there?
    No idea why the first one blew up. Use the machine as a hobby and part time at best. I ran it for about a year and a half and out of the blue it blew. Don't know why, the cables are still good so what could it be? I'd sure like to avoid this in the future.
    Anyway, I'll find another set-up and move on....
    Thanks and I'll reference your parameters in the future.
    rockaukum
    As for information on the web very little of it is worth a look, most is posted by unqualified posters so can easy get you into trouble with what is out there

You only need ( 1 ) Parameter set wrong and this can play on the life of your spindle and VFD

I wish I had known that this was your second VFD Drive as I would of had you check the spindle, being air cooled they are easy to over heat after a years running it would of needed a good clean out of the air ways

Well in reality the VFD Drives you have been using there rating is to low for a single phase power connection, the components are not rated to withstand this abuse, so when you get another VFD Drive get one that is at least rated 2Hp more than your spindle, an input power filter will also help with a longer life of the VFD Drive
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by Custom Creation View Post
    Here is what I have so far. Not sure if the connections are correct so that is why I am posting for assurance. I REALLY appreciate your help!!

The first thing you have to verify is the output from the Breakout Board are working, the connections look correct but without checking the board output there is no why of known if any of it is going to work

So you will have to configure you control to see if these outputs are working this is the first thing to check, with a meter and get working then connect the relay this will then turn your VFD Drive On/Off you will need to set the Parameters for remote control and Jumper J1
    Mactec54

When you have some spare time could elaborate on a couple things for me?
    You mentioned that the spindle would need a good cleaning. I have looked around for a tutorial on cleaning and or maintenance on these spindles. I have found nothing conclusive and am a bit cautions about who says what.
    Based on the comment of plus 2hp for vfd. A five HP vfd would be sufficient for this spindle? I will look into the input power filter as well. Where do you recommend for purchase of a replacement vfd?
    By the way. If you go up in HP, are the settings the same as the smaller vfd?
    Thanks,
    rockaukum

When you have some spare time could elaborate on a couple things for me?
    You mentioned that the spindle would need a good cleaning. I have looked around for a tutorial on cleaning and or maintenance on these spindles. I have found nothing conclusive and am a bit cautions about who says what.
    Based on the comment of plus 2hp for vfd. A five HP vfd would be sufficient for this spindle? I will look into the input power filter as well. Where do you recommend for purchase of a replacement vfd?
    By the way. If you go up in HP, are the settings the same as the smaller vfd?
    Thanks,
    rockaukum
    Where to buy they are every where since the Hobby market explosion

Same Parameter settings except for ( 1 ) Parameter PD174=11 ( To Be Set to the VFD Drives Max Rated Output Amps ) the only real difference is the VFD Drive components can stand more abuse, so basically heaver duty as apposed to lightweight which for single phase use are not suitable, these Parameters only apply for the same manufacture Huanyang, every VFD Drive the Parameter set are different

For cleaning it's only the air way channels over/in the spindle body and fan that need to be checked cleaned
    Mactec54

Thanks Mactec54,
    Yes, I see them all over the place. I guess I was more looking for a reputable supplier. Possibly one local (US) that would be knowledgable and available to help out.
    Once I get a replacement either from SJ or elsewhere, I will seek out help with the parameters for the setup.
    You have gone well above expectations with your help and for that I thank you very much!
    rockaukum

Thanks Mactec54,
    Yes, I see them all over the place. I guess I was more looking for a reputable supplier. Possibly one local (US) that would be knowledgable and available to help out.
    Once I get a replacement either from SJ or elsewhere, I will seek out help with the parameters for the setup.
    You have gone well above expectations with your help and for that I thank you very much!
    rockaukum
    If you are reading this your PM box is full can't reply
    Mactec54

Howdy all!
    Recently I bought a Workbee 750 CNC kit off eBay and as part of the kit, it included a VFD and spindle.
    And you guessed it! It's the oft written about hy01d523b and a 1.5kw air cooled spindle. (._.)
    I've read all 49 pages of this thread and while I think I've gotten the gist of the information in it, I've got a little bit of information overload because all the settings are kind of merging together.
    Has there been an updated hy01 parameter listing when combined with a 1.5 air cooled spindle?
    The VFD connects to 110 as a power source and while I know this isn't an ideal setup - it's just a starter so eventually once I get a shop with 220 maybe I'll upgrade in the future.
    Right now I have to use 110 because the only 220 in my house is the dryer and if I steal that my wife WILL murder me. Lol

Right now my machine will be sitting on a covered porch with all the electronics nestled in a cabinet under my work table..I have to make due.
    I've grounded the spindle can to the body, everything is wired up and good to go. I just need to be sure that I'm looking at the right set of parameters to get the VFD programmed.
    A link would be fabulous.
    Thank you!!

Wait..wwwaaaiiitttt..
    I think I may have found my answer - this page, post number 7?
    https://www.cnczone.com/forums/spind...28238-cnc.html

Yes? No?! Maaayyyybe??!

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderHelix View Post
    Wait..wwwaaaiiitttt..
    I think I may have found my answer - this page, post number 7?
    https://www.cnczone.com/forums/spind...28238-cnc.html

Yes? No?! Maaayyyybe??!
    I'm not sure from some of the posts back then some things have changed even the VFD Drives are not quite the same as back at the beginning of this thread so if you have the 120v supply and spindle then the main basic Parameters have not changed but these are the Parameters that you should use now

Huanyang Mactec54
    Input Power Wiring 120v Supply ( R Hot ) ( T Neutral ) and Ground to the Ground Terminal

110/120v VFD Drive Input

110v 1.5Kw Air Cooled 24,000 RPM

PD000=0 for Parameter unlock ( 1 ) for Parameter Lock

PD001=0 (1 For Remote Control)

PD002=0 ( 1 For 0-10v Terminal Control or Remote Trim Pot Control )
    ( J1 Also Needs to be set for Terminal Control When Using Remote Control )

PD003=400

PD004=400

PD005=400

PD006=200

PD007=20

PD008=110

PD009=55

PD010=11

PD011=120 ( minimum Spindle Speed, Watch for Spindle overheating, Air Cooled Spindles Only This may have to be set higher)

PD13= 08 is for Factory reset, Only use this to set VFD to Factory Default Settings

PD014=8 ( Acceleration Adjust to suit)

PD015=8 ( Deceleration (Adjust to suit) ( PD15 is ignored IF PD26=1 Then the Spindle will Coast to a Stop)

PD041=8 ( Max 10)

PD141=110 ( Motor Rated Voltage )

PD142= 8 ( Motor Max Amps)

PD143=2 ( Motor Number of Poles)

PD144=3000 (Max Motor RPM)

PD70=0 ( This may need to be set to 1 if Control Voltage is 0-5v )

PD72=400

PD73=120 ( minimum Setting, Watch for Over Heating With Air Cooled Spindles This May have to be set higher must match PD11 )

PD120=120 (Stall Prevention )

PD174=?? ? ( Your VFD Drives Max Amp Output Rating )
    Mactec54

Thanks Mac,I appreciate the input. Really do appreciate the information you give on these things, everywhere I've looked it's got your name attached to it lol

Hey Mac, hate to throw you a curve ball..I don't know why I didn't compare the two (actually, it was because I was at work and my VFD was at home..) but apparently, yet not shockingly, China sent me an incorrect instruction manual for the VFD I received.
    The instructions included with the VFD were for a hy01d523b, the panel on the side reads :
    Type: YL620-A-1.5KW 110V
    Input: AC 110V 50/60HZ
    Output: 14A 2.8kva

I tried following the guide you sent me and it's all buggered.
    PD00 was 400 to start, and that threw me off kilter.

Are the settings you sent appropriate to this VFD?
    Just double checking.
    Thanks!!

Edit: I took pictures of the entire parameter section of the instruction manual if you need it.
    I'd venture forth but I'd probably release the magic smoke in stellar fashion..I find I'm good at that, so that's why I'm happy to wait for verification lol

Hey Mac, hate to throw you a curve ball..I don't know why I didn't compare the two (actually, it was because I was at work and my VFD was at home..) but apparently, yet not shockingly, China sent me an incorrect instruction manual for the VFD I received.
    The instructions included with the VFD were for a hy01d523b, the panel on the side reads :

Just double checking.
    Thanks!!

Edit: I took pictures of the entire parameter section of the instruction manual if you need it.
    I'd venture forth but I'd probably release the magic smoke in stellar fashion..I find I'm good at that, so that's why I'm happy to wait for verification lol
    No not at all, you have a different VFD Drive the YL 620 is not a Huanyang so your Parameters are quite different I will check to see what I have for that VFD Drive,
    Mactec54

Just double checking.
    Thanks!!

No I have more than 60 different VFD Drive manuals so have that Drive on file

Here are the Parameters that should get you going

Mactec54
    Huajiang VFD Drive
    YL 600/620 110v/120v 1.5Kw Water Cooled
    P00.00=400

P00.01=0

P00.04=400

P00.05=400

P00.06=110%

P00.07=140

P00.08=35%

P00.09=120

P00.10=30%

P01.04=110

P03.08=120

P03.09=400

P06.00=0

P06.01=8 ( Acceleration Adjustable )

P06.02=8 ( Deceleration Adjustable )

P07.00=400

P07.08=0

P11.01=110

P11.02=7

P11.03=400

P12.00=7 ( Spindle Rated Amps )

P12.01=110

P12.02=2

P12.03=5

P12.05=14 ( VFD Drive Rated output Amperage )

P12.06=110
    Mactec54

Awesome! Thank you, you're a wizard!
    Now, since I have an air cooled spindle that changes the value to P00.06, correct? I think I read on another thread on this site that air cooled runs faster on the low side?
    You're a godsend sir, I'd have smoked this thing for sure without your help.

Awesome! Thank you, you're a wizard!
    Now, since I have an air cooled spindle that changes the value to P00.06, correct? I think I read on another thread on this site that air cooled runs faster on the low side?
    You're a godsend sir, I'd have smoked this thing for sure without your help.
    No P00.09=120 minimum speed 120 should be ok just watch the temperature and increase tis number if it gets to hot
    Mactec54

Got it, thanks man!!

Ok, got most of everything input as suggested except I hit one single snag.
    In your instructions, P11.01 is to be 110, and in the instruction booklet included with the VFD, this falls under "output voltage" but when I click on that section, my options are 0,1,2, or 3..
    One again, China throws a wrench in it. ????
    Otherwise all other settings are programmed in.
    Thanks for any and all help!

Ok, scouring the net I found this link to a yl620-a vfd programming guide I think.
    Apparently voltage is supposed to stay at 0. (?)

Link:
    https://www.google.com/url?q=http://...3GhyzVAb9__CrS

Ok, scouring the net I found this link to a yl620-a vfd programming guide I think.
    Apparently voltage is supposed to stay at 0. (?)

Link:
    https://www.google.com/url?q=http://...3GhyzVAb9__CrS

The PDF is incorrect the very first Parameter tells you that this wrong 60Hz

No you need to set the Parameters that I have given you I will look at the P11 it may not even be needed
    Mactec54

Page 30 of 41 20282930313240