586,069 active members*
3,456 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!
Page 14 of 41 4121314151624

Re: Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!

The 10v come from a relay in the control box via a BOB.

I tried jumping DCM and FOR. No help.

Quote Originally Posted by rickzva View Post
    The 10v come from a relay in the control box via a BOB.

I tried jumping DCM and FOR. No help.
    That is kind of strange the 10v is coming from or through a relay, do you have a photo of this, or a wiring diagram, as this is not normal to do that for the PWM control
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    That is kind of strange the 10v is coming from or through a relay, do you have a photo of this, or a wiring diagram, as this is not normal to do that for the PWM control
    I can some some pictures tonight of this hooked up to the meter but here is the BOB.

White and black are hooked up to FOR/ACM on the VFD. When I start the spindle in Mach 3 (with or without being hooked up to the VFD) I hear the relay click in the control box and I get >10v across the circuit.

Red and green are hooked up to VI/DCA on the VFD. When I vary the speed of the spindle in Mach 3 (with or without being hooked up to the VFD) I get 0v - 10v across the circuit.

rickzva

For and DCM, it should be connected like this, do you have a relay for this circuit, what signal are you giving this, For and DCM is just switched through a relay with a signal to switch the Relay from the Breakout Board

Vi and ACM is the 0-10v

You have it the other way round, which is not correct, and you don't have the relay for turning it on/off For and DCM is switched by a relay to do this
    Mactec54

rickzva

For and DCM, it should be connected like this, do you have a relay for this circuit, what signal are you giving this, For and DCM is just switched through a relay with a signal to switch the Relay from the Breakout Board

Vi and ACM is the 0-10v

You have it the other way round, which is not correct, and you don't have the relay for turning it on/off For and DCM is switched by a relay to do this

Thanks, but I don't understand. Can you explain a little more?

I made a mistake in my last note. I have FOR/DCM for on/off and VI/ACM for speed.

Thanks,
    Rick

Thanks, but I don't understand. Can you explain a little more?

I made a mistake in my last note. I have FOR/DCM for on/off and VI/ACM for speed.

Thanks,
    Rick
    The FOR/DCM is switched , with a relay so one side of the Relay is connected to For and DCM, the other side of the Relay is turned on from your Breakout Board , the relay that you have on the Breakout Board may have been for this, that is why I said it is strange to have the PWM signal Switched by a Relay, which is not normal, so I think something is wrong in that area as to how the connections have been made

What Breakout Board do you have
    Mactec54

The FOR/DCM is switched , with a relay so one side of the Relay is connected to For and DCM, the other side of the Relay is turned on from your Breakout Board , the relay that you have on the Breakout Board may have been for this, that is why I said it is strange to have the PWM signal Switched by a Relay, which is not normal, so I think something is wrong in that area as to how the connections have been made

What Breakout Board do you have
    I am confusing myself so here are some pictures

1. mach3 spindle on at 20,000 rpms
    2. mach3 spindle on
    3. mach3 spindle off

I have a CRP560 breakout board from cncrouterparts.

rickzva

Check that PD044=02 which is default, sometimes it needs to be 01 also so you could try this

Are they using the PMDX126 Breakout Board or something else, something does not seem to be wired correct

You need to contact your supplier for the correct outputs to use

DCM/FOR should be connected to a Relay that is NO and I don't think you are
    Mactec54

rickzva

Check that PD044=02 which is default, sometimes it needs to be 01 also so you could try this

Are they using the PMDX126 Breakout Board or something else, something does not seem to be wired correct

You need to contact your supplier for the correct outputs to use

DCM/FOR should be connected to a Relay that is NO and I don't think you are
    I read through the documentation again and indeed there is a relay that I am not using. I'll give it a try and report back on progress!

Thanks!

I read through the documentation again and indeed there is a relay that I am not using. I'll give it a try and report back on progress!

Thanks!
    If you have the PMDX126 Breakout Board, you may need the PMDX 107 Spindle Control Board this plugs into the PMDX126 Board

I don't think you have Spindle control on the PMDX126 Breakout Board, unless it has been changed, most use the PMDX107 Plug in Board for Spindle Control
    Mactec54

rickzva

You should not put anymore connections from your Breakout Board until you know for sure, that your Breakout Board does support Spindle Control, if it does not then by connecting the wrong connections to the VFD Drive could damage the VFD

So first do you have the PMDX126 Breakout Board, if you do then you will need the PMDX107 Spindle Control Plug in Board
    Mactec54

rickzva

You should not put anymore connections from your Breakout Board until you know for sure, that your Breakout Board does support Spindle Control, if it does not then by connecting the wrong connections to the VFD Drive could damage the VFD

So first do you have the PMDX126 Breakout Board, if you do then you will need the PMDX107 Spindle Control Plug in Board
    Thanks, I have emailed the vendor to get more info.
    Rick

I got a reply from Ahren at CNCRouterparts with the correct connections.

I can now control my spindle on/off and speed through Mach 3.

Here is what finally worked.

There is a relay and 2 signal outputs from the BOB.

One lead from the relay goes to FOR and the other going to DCM.

There is one connection from the BOB to VI and another going to ACM.

PD001=1
    PD002=1
    PD003=400
    PD004=400
    PD005=400
    PD007=20
    PD008=220
    PD009=15
    PD010=8
    PD011=120
    PD014 =12
    PD015 =12
    PD044=1
    D072=400
    PD73=120
    PD141=220
    PD142=9
    PD143=2
    PD144=3000

Mactec54, thanks for all the help. You are very generous (and patient) with your time.

Rick

I got a reply from Ahren at CNCRouterparts with the correct connections.

I can now control my spindle on/off and speed through Mach 3.

Here is what finally worked.

There is a relay and 2 signal outputs from the BOB.

One lead from the relay goes to FOR and the other going to DCM.

There is one connection from the BOB to VI and another going to ACM.

PD001=1
    PD002=1
    PD003=400
    PD004=400
    PD005=400
    PD007=20
    PD008=220
    PD009=15
    PD010=8
    PD011=120
    PD014 =12
    PD015 =12
    PD044=1
    D072=400
    PD73=120
    PD141=220
    PD142=9
    PD143=2
    PD144=3000

Mactec54, thanks for all the help. You are very generous (and patient) with your time.

Rick
    That's Great !!! that it was all on the one Breakout Board

As I said you had to use a Relay for the FOR and DCM, did you have to change the VI and ACM wiring as well, or was that correct
    Mactec54

That's Great !!! that it was all on the one Breakout Board

As I said you had to use a Relay for the FOR and DCM, did you have to change the VI and ACM wiring as well, or was that correct
    VI and ACM were fine. \

There are two terminals on the BOB for an overheat alarm signal that I was incorrectly using for FOR and DCM. When I swapped those for the relay everything started working.

I just got my Romaxx WD-1 and now I wish to set up the e-stop circuit to shut down the HY inverter when the e-stop is active. I have a flow switch that will be a watch dog for the spindle coolant and wiring that in series on the 5V side of the e-stop is straight forward enough. This particular unit uses a C35S BOB from CNC4PC. It does not have the ability to control the spindle speeds but it does have a 5V output that is controlled by the e-stop. What I want to do is run the spindle speed from the operator on the frequency drive and when/if the flow switch trips the e-stop have the 5V signal loss from the BOB inhibit/reset the inverter. I do not want the signal from the BOB to input at the FOR terminal as I do not want the spindle running all the time. Can I use an SSR on the NC side of the contact that will close on the loss of signal to input at the reset terminal from the DCM terminal of the HY drive?
    Thanks,
    Ed

Never mind. I just decided to purchase a C41 PWM breakout board that is designed for my setup. $53 and it is a done deal complete with instructions to program the Mach 3 and correctly wire the HY.
    Ed

I have a quick question, are the Huanyang VFDs interchangeable between 110v and 220v via PD settings? When I got my 110v VFD new and after reseting them the PD values were are all 220, wondering if I need a new VFD going from 110v to 220v or can just change the settings and wiring.

Quote Originally Posted by cownc View Post
    I have a quick question, are the Huanyang VFDs interchangeable between 110v and 220v via PD settings? When I got my 110v VFD new and after reseting them the PD values were are all 220, wondering if I need a new VFD going from 110v to 220v or can just change the settings and wiring.
    If it does not have the 110v doubler built in to run a 220v Spindle then it most likely is just a 220v VFD which will run on 110v input power, if the Spindle is also 110v

No wiring change R and T for input power has the same connection for 120v or 240v

The only difference would be what the rated spindle voltage is 110v or 220v
    Mactec54

If it does not have the 110v doubler built in to run a 220v Spindle then it most likely is just a 220v VFD which will run on 110v input power, if the Spindle is also 110v

No wiring change R and T for input power has the same connection for 120v or 240v

The only difference would be what the rated spindle voltage is 110v or 220v
    Wow, would of never guessed that. Putting a neutral/ground on an input.

Page 14 of 41 4121314151624