586,076 active members*
3,980 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Switch Question 1000

Jim,

I was changing out the consumables on the machine torch and had a problem. The red fault lite is flashing and the power on is green and flashing. When I turn the power switch off, the lites still flash about 15 seconds. Even if I unplug the machine the lites still flash. I also tried my hand torch and get the same results.

John

John,

It is normal for the lights to stay active for a few seconds after you power down the unit. The red fault light indicates a fault that could be related to: low air pressure, incorrect consumables in the torch, low input line voltage....and/or quite a few other issues. There is a good troubleshooting flow chart in your operators manual....and if that does not help I suggest contacting Hypertherm tech service...they are free, and they are extremely helpful when it comes to any Hypertherm equipment problems. Here is their contact information:

Technical Service
    [email protected]
    800-643-9878 Tel - Toll Free in USA
    and Canada

Let us know how this works out....or if I can be of any help. You also can download the service manual directly from the Hypertherm | Plasma Cutters | Plasma Cutting Equipment | Metal Cutting Equipment website.

Best regards, Jim Colt

Quote Originally Posted by sodfarmer View Post
    Jim,

I was changing out the consumables on the machine torch and had a problem. The red fault lite is flashing and the power on is green and flashing. When I turn the power switch off, the lites still flash about 15 seconds. Even if I unplug the machine the lites still flash. I also tried my hand torch and get the same results.

John

my 1650 was doing that and i finally got under the cover. just looking and wiggling everything i was the ribbon cable on the outside display to the board. i could wiggle it and it would throw a fault. the VERY generous folks @ hypertherm warranted the part even though the machine had just gone out of coverage. just for that i have bought two more units from them, (nothing wrong with the units other than the cable on the first one, people just offer too much for a used machine and i go and buy a new one for not much more), so if they would be willing to help a poor boy out like that and continue that kind of service/tech support, i dont want to do business with anyone else.

bakerj99

Jim,

I spoke to the tech line and it was alot less painless and cheaper than I thought it was going to be. I believe it is the fan that needs to be replaced. I wish other companies I dealt with had this good of service.

John