586,067 active members*
4,899 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Heidenhain tnc 2500 on Interact 308

I have a bridgeport interact 308 with a tnc 2500. The problem i am having is when the spindle is running backwards the actual RPM is half of the programed RPM. Doesnt matter if its in manual mode, program run mode, M04, or even a tap cycle (Thats the one that kills me.) Is there a prameter that can fix this. I have gone thru the pram list and everything seems to look OK. It has the Flux vector drive if that makes any difference.

Thanks,
    Craig

I rarely use the M04 or tapping canned cycle so im not sure how long this problem has been around. I got an optical tach to check the actual spindle speed. In forward with a programed speed of 5500 rpm the actual rpm at the spindle is 4700 rpm. In M04 the following are the results from my test. Any ideas on where to start to correct this problem.

Programed Speed in M04 Actual Speed in M04

100 53
    200 75
    500 398
    1000 715
    2000 715
    3000 715
    4000+ Will jump around a little from 700 to 1000

What kind of spindle drive does this have?
    Possibly KTK?

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

It has the Control Techniques model v400 Vector Drive.

I also read in one of your other post (machintek) that there was a prameter that could help with the look ahead hesitation between lines in the run mode. Would you mind sharing that trick?

I need to look that up. There was a pile of updates on the 2500 software. They started out with version 3 and settled on version 12. The amount of parameters varied with the version. What version is in your control?
    I have never installed one of these 308 with the 2500. Nor do I have any book on it. I saw one at a Bridgeport showroom In Worchester MA in 1993 and worked on one that a shop in North Alabama purchased from a school somewhere in the US. They of course lost their parameters. It took a while and I had to get all my service bulletins together but I managed to piece together a set of working,parameters.
    The reason I mentioned the KTK drive, is because it had 3 sets of transistor/transistor blocks for forward and the same for reverse. If one blew it could not achieve speed in that direction.
    The question to ask oneself is if the control is happy.
    If the speed programmed is off by 20% or more, it will not do a feedrate and the "spyder" will be flashing. If the parameters are wrong and the control is happy, it will do a feedrate. This should indicate if the problem is with the control or with the drive.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

The machine will lock up at higher RPMs. The 'F' on the display will highlight itself and the machine will not feed. I assume this is what you mean by "sypder". If the Override is backed down a little it will start feeding again. Does this indicate a problem with the prameters or the drive?

Thanks for all your help,
    Craig

I believe the software is ver 12. As for the prameter list, I would be happy to Fax you a copy if you need them for your archives.

I will have to find a book on the vector drive. If the control sees a spindle speed problem, then the problem may be in the spindle drive.

George

Anyone have a CT Vector or sutible replacement spindle drive laying around for sale. Mine layed down today.

Beroxmill 800KV KTK dc drive

Hello George and all bit new to this . Hope you can help .I have been reading some of the emails and see some of you with KTK drives are having problems me too!! inst trip light comes on at power up and spindle kicks round , field ok and SCR's seem ok could really do with a copy of manual for KTK drives . When fixed will post my findings also been fixing TNC155p that was Fun!?.

Regards technojunkman

Quote Originally Posted by machintek View Post
    What kind of spindle drive does this have?
    Possibly KTK?

George

How about a email address. All the KTK files are about 10 megs total.

George

Hello That was quick. Please could you send KTK files to [email protected] Seems people are having a lot of problems with these drives maybe its their age showing ! .Thanks
    Case of Beer waiting in Wales now!

technojunkman

Control Techniques model v400 Vector Drive.

Garageshop,
    I have a DEAD Control Techniques modal 400 Vector Drive out of a Bridgeport Discovery. If you need it for parts I'll sell it for $50.00 + shipping. I do believe that you'd be better off replacing your's with a new drive. I've done everything possible the wrong way trying to save money. I'm going to leave suggesting what type of new vector drive to george and the others with more experance. I will say that for under $600.00 there are several options that should install with a minum amount of pain. Again George and the others are better equiped to guide you.
    Good Luck
    Paul

hello all dear
    i have bridgeport interact 700 Tnc2500B Control
    i loss parameter,s
    any body help me this problim,
    Thanks
    Regards
    Muhammad Siddique

Post Tnc2500B parameter

Dear,
    i have bridgeport interact 700 cnc milling Control TNC2500B.
    i have no parameter this machine.any body help me parameters,s
    thanks
    my email- [email protected]
    Muhammad Siddique

Quote Originally Posted by cadcamengg View Post
    hello all dear
    i have bridgeport interact 700 Tnc2500B Control
    i loss parameter,s
    any body help me this problim,
    Thanks
    Regards
    Muhammad Siddique
    Keep searching the posts on here. There is one with a lot of Machine parameters listed for down loading.
    Let me know if you can't find them and i will do some searching.