586,055 active members*
4,357 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > FeatureCAM CAD/CAM > anyone use Delcam for Solidworks?

anyone use Delcam for Solidworks?

I was looking into SolidCam and CamWorks both that run within Solidworks.... and was also looking at Featurecam.

Today i just found out that Delcam makes DFS (Delcam for Solidworks). My reseller says that its a mix of featurecam and powermill.

Wondering if anyone is using this? How do you like it?? What i like about Featurecam is the feature recognition, but i like the layout and intergration of solidcam and camworks.

thanks

We are just doing an evaluation now. Been using Mastercrap lathe mill and wire since Ver8. Can't wait to put that horrible experience behind me. Can't believe anyone would pay for that overpriced piece of crap.

So far so good with DFS. It's awesome working in SW. What a dream compared to MC. MC's interface reminds me of a Rubics Cube. Wonder why.... couple things I was surprised about.

With AFR(automatic feature recognition) it doesn't find the hole wizard info. You have to tell it all that. Weird because FC stand alone will use this info?

If you open a file in 64bit you can not open it in 32 bit any more. Won't save backwards.

When you start a part to machine it creates an assembly file for that part. So there will be an extra ass'y file for every machined part. Kinda messy I think.
    Anyone know if Solidcam does this as well?

Tool library is a little old school but full of tools.

Will keep adding to this as I go.

John

Sorry to drag up a old post but according to the rolling banners on the homepage, Delcam for Solidworks are doing a joint webinar with Solidworks next week, see the website for more details (as it takes ages for the rolling banners to come back round again!) : Delcam for SolidWorks® -The Biggest Name in CAM meets the Biggest Name in CAD!

Quote Originally Posted by purpony View Post
    I was looking into SolidCam and CamWorks both that run within Solidworks.... and was also looking at Featurecam.

Today i just found out that Delcam makes DFS (Delcam for Solidworks). My reseller says that its a mix of featurecam and powermill.

Wondering if anyone is using this? How do you like it?? What i like about Featurecam is the feature recognition, but i like the layout and intergration of solidcam and camworks.

thanks
    What I like about FeatureCam is "THE POWER" you don't find in any other software.