586,080 active members*
3,614 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Lagun Allen Bradley mill

Hello, first post on here. I bought a new-to-me Lagun 10" by 44" 3 axis mill, a Bridgeport type, with an Allen Bradley 8400 Control. I got the machine powered up, the drives have no power yet for some reason, but it showed a 'battery low' error at first start up. I have a lot of Fanuc experience, so I went looking for the battery, found them in the main computer enclosure. My question, is it like a Fanuc, you have to change the batteries with the control powered up? Any other tips about this control? Thanks.

OK, an update, the machine works fine, the batteries just had dirty contacts. Boot up sequence is odd but if you do it right all is well. I have no manual for this thing so am just going off experience, but can't seem to figure out how to set workpiece zero, it doesen't use G55 etc like a Fanuc does. Anyone have a clue about this? How about a manual?

Hi DGA,

Happy New Year!
    I have a same problems. Do you have any documentation about AB 8400MP ?

HA.

AB 8400MP.

Re: Lagun Allen Bradley mill

Anyone looking for some Allen Bradley 8400MP documentation, I'm trying to build some up to make available on a website I've started, which is semi-dedicated to the AB8400MP.

I know this post is old, just hoping that someone searching for similar info might find this, and it helps them out.

http://www.thisoldmill.com

I never found any, but know a little about it, always seem to be able to keep the old thing running I guess. It's a decent control, arc interpolation is a bit clunky though, and it's not the machine mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by DGA View Post
    I never found any, but know a little about it, always seem to be able to keep the old thing running I guess. It's a decent control, arc interpolation is a bit clunky though, and it's not the machine mechanics.
    DGA - I'm having some pretty good luck with it...check out the download page on my website www.thisoldmill.com for some documentation you might find useful.