586,409 active members*
3,030 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

control problem

Does anyone have a Infamatic NC 200 control . Need to Know how its working for you. The control I have has been a nightmare. Right now can't set up tools getting error wrong tool data. In my tables page also it puts a - in front of the tool location number. Now that has been changed new error comes up and says must specify tool in spindle in offset table.

Talk to Douglas at Maintenance Tech. 818 727-2100. He is the resident guru on the NC 200 control.

Neal

Thank you Neal,
    I talk to Douglas a lot. Problem is never goes down while they are open. Got it to work but my Z is off. After setting tool lenth cuts air on first pass. Shouldn't have to put a offset on my Z. Problems go on and on.
    Sorry I bought this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by joemech View Post
    Thank you Neal,
    I talk to Douglas a lot. Problem is never goes down while they are open. Got it to work but my Z is off. After setting tool lenth cuts air on first pass. Shouldn't have to put a offset on my Z. Problems go on and on.
    Sorry I bought this thing.
    Bummer and I feel your pain. The real problem is that for some reason, Mag seems to have forgotten the most recent past with the same mistake they made with the 104-Disaster. I attended several sales meetings with the principals at Fadal spearheading this project and on the surface, they were committed to not repeating the mistake they made with the Baldor partnership on the 104-D and ultimately they repeated history.

Let's hope the Germans are smarter than the heads of Mag!

A full retrofit is about your only hope of making use of the iron. Here is a recommendation if you eventually head down this path.

http://www.numatix.com/

...I wonder how Apple is doing with theirs. I believe they bought the first 4 or 5 as I remember.

Good luck!

Brian D.
    FadalCNC

Quote Originally Posted by ASIGuy View Post
    Bummer and I feel your pain. The real problem is that for some reason, Mag seems to have forgotten the most recent past with the same mistake they made with the 104-Disaster. I attended several sales meetings with the principals at Fadal spearheading this project and on the surface, they were committed to not repeating the mistake they made with the Baldor partnership on the 104-D and ultimately they repeated history.

Let's hope the Germans are smarter than the heads of Mag!

A full retrofit is about your only hope of making use of the iron. Here is a recommendation if you eventually head down this path.

http://www.numatix.com/

...I wonder how Apple is doing with theirs. I believe they bought the first 4 or 5 as I remember.

Good luck!

Brian D.
    FadalCNC

The 104D (Augusta) control would have been great had they done some more R&D...

Apple shouldn't have any problems with the 104D control...I'm sure their software guys have figured it all out!

-Shelvin
    TheFadalParts.com
    Need help with your Fadal? Send me a message or visit www.TheFadalParts.com. We have over 25 years of experience at Fadal and offer FREE TECHNICAL SUPPORT OVER THE PHONE!

Quote Originally Posted by iess525 View Post
    The 104D (Augusta) control would have been great had they done some more R&D...

Apple shouldn't have any problems with the 104D control...I'm sure their software guys have figured it all out!

-Shelvin
    TheFadalParts.com
    As I understood by Jerry McCarty, they took the first 4 or so Infamatic controls...and yes, they also took the 104D machines with a BUNCH of work after the install to get them working to their liking. That's what happens when your sales team leads the technical staff.

Cheers!!

Brian D.
    FadalCNC

Well guys I feel someone from Mag should step up to do something. Sad part is if operating system should fail they don't have a backup disk or new program to back it up. I already have been through it. Lost the Gibbs on Machine due to drivers. Can't locate it on c or d drive. Makes me wonder if I should keep paying for what i don't have.

Well guys I feel someone from Mag should step up to do something. Sad part is if operating system should fail they don't have a backup disk or new program to back it up. I already have been through it. Lost the Gibbs on Machine due to drivers. Can't locate it on c or d drive. Makes me wonder if I should keep paying for what i don't have.
    This is precisely why they are on a free fall with business market share and those of us who are in the know and care greatly about those who own Fadal machines are picking up their business with parts and service. They try to blame their loss in market share on the economy, "unfair" competition from local and internet sources and unfortunately fail to look back at themselves. The real travisty is that their failures in the Fadal business is not from lack of good information at their disposal, but for lack of effort or caring in cases of supporting their customers. Such a sad story from such a great American company when the DeCaussin's owned it.

I do wish you the best of luck.

Brian D.
    FadalCNC

I understand your dilemma...we were proficient in the Infimatic control a few years back but have lost touch since they stopped production and uninstalled the control from the machines they auctioned off. You can give us a call or email us to see if there is anyway we can help you out.

-Shelvin
    818 678 9456
    TheFadalParts.com
    Need help with your Fadal? Send me a message or visit www.TheFadalParts.com. We have over 25 years of experience at Fadal and offer FREE TECHNICAL SUPPORT OVER THE PHONE!

Quote Originally Posted by ASIGuy View Post
    This is precisely why they are on a free fall with business market share and those of us who are in the know and care greatly about those who own Fadal machines are picking up their business with parts and service. They try to blame their loss in market share on the economy, "unfair" competition from local and internet sources and unfortunately fail to look back at themselves. The real travisty is that their failures in the Fadal business is not from lack of good information at their disposal, but for lack of effort or caring in cases of supporting their customers. Such a sad story from such a great American company when the DeCaussin's owned it.

I do wish you the best of luck.

Brian D.
    FadalCNC
    It is a shame Brian...that's what happens when a company is bought and sold so many times and the owners are only out to make a buck.

-Shelvin
    TheFadalParts.com

Quote Originally Posted by iess525 View Post
    It is a shame Brian...that's what happens when a company is bought and sold so many times and the owners are only out to make a buck.

-Shelvin
    TheFadalParts.com
    Yes, Amen!

Have a good holiday.

Brian D.

Wow!

You guys said it better than I have been trying to say it for years!

Like me you may get the occational "go pound sand" comment...
    Scott_bob

http://www.numatix.com/ This is pretty much the only saving grace left for Fadal owners. The good thing is that with this conversion you have feed rates that are current. Now if it was only $5K to do this conversion.
    We have had good luck with our Fadals milling mostly soft steel and aluminum up to 5 axis. We are always looking for spare parts If you have a broken down Fadal give a shout.

What changed your mind?

Besides Fadal going out of buisness, or is this the turning point for you?
    Scott_bob

We are fortunate to not require the fastest equipment. We havent job shopped or made anyhting for an outside vendor for years. This has allowed us to keep our trusty Fadal machines. We are branching out and more and more long 5 axis programs so the control may be right for us. Fadal may be out of business but parts will be available at least to our company for decades. You on the other hand Scott are into job shop mold making and their are much more efficient machines out there for your type of work than a Fadal. Did you guys ever do a control swap? If so how many control swaps did you do and how has it worked out?
    We have had good luck with our Fadals milling mostly soft steel and aluminum up to 5 axis. We are always looking for spare parts If you have a broken down Fadal give a shout.

CNC retrofit

Carbide,

We did a control swap thru DOC, an east coast retrofitter that was trying to get a nationwide service network going. They unfortunately did not get as much interest from the declining machining industry. They did a great job for us on our retrofit. It was very interesting working closely with Gil Hagiz on developing his Numeryx control even further. I only hope that Gils CNC control legacy can be of some benefit to his surviving wife and son. He was a brilliant man and will be missed.

It is now apparant that Fadal Engineering had oportunities to develope partnerships with some of the top PC based control retrofitters and they ignored the success of these potential partnerships that would have potentially saved the company and all you current owners of Fadal machines. Chosing instead to put expensive lower performance Fanuc controls on their machines, and well, you all know the rest of the story.

In my opinion, there is less and less time for you to recoup your investment. Ok, maybe your machines have already paid for themselves, I get that, but the Iron and even the old DC drive motors are still capable with the right system controlling them. Even better, smoother maybe more reliable performance out of the newer AC drives...

The average speed improvement for Numeryx / Numatix users is 100%. If you are doing molds then 300%. In both cases with better finishes and quality. To me it is a no brainer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Numeryx CNC.jpg  
    Scott_bob