586,106 active members*
3,177 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Torchmate > TM 2x2 driver problem - wants to put 64 bit driver in ???

TM 2x2 driver problem - wants to put 64 bit driver in ???

Just curious if anyone else had this or something similar happen in windows XP Pro sp2 on a HP 7100 P4 3ghz 1Gb which as far as I know is 32 bit?

Every time It wants to install the driver files for the usb 501a controller it wants the 64 bit ones and if you follow the prompts it ends with an error and no driver installed...So I thought I would be smart and take the 32 bit drivers rename them to match the 64 bit ones(just add 64 to the filename) Well to my surprise this worked and they finally installed with no error. So I started up TM3 software, put the 2x2 plasma .std file where it goes and opened that setup in TM3 had to change a few other things in configuration but everything seemed to work!!! Now every once in a while it loses contact with the usb 501a controller???
    I previously had this 2x2 set up on a newer bigger machine running windows 7 and don't remember it losing contact with the motor controller box before...
    This may be a windows problem... but it is a pretty fresh install of windows and nothing much else installed as it is a dedicated machine now just for driving the table.

Any help or insight is appreciated with this problem.

I think I spoke with you this morning about it, but there is a procedure for removing the 64 bit drivers permanently so XP quits looking for them. Give a call to Technical Support and we can walk you through it.

-Mike
    Mike @ Torchmate.com | www.Torchmate.com
    Toll Free : (866) 571-1066 M-F 7:30am-4pm PST