586,114 active members*
3,179 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > please guide me to a good scource on BASIC CNC ELECTRONICS

please guide me to a good scource on BASIC CNC ELECTRONICS

hello. the big open world out there , one of your compatroits is in a terrible state, i have took a interest late in life to built a CNC MACHINE for wood engraving. and i went up the road , that i am sure many on this forum has taken, to seek knowledge,ie, internet , cnc forums etc etc. but when i came to the electronics side of affairs, you have guessed it , 25 pain killers, numerous HEADACHES , AND READY TO THROW THE MAC OUT THE WINDOW , ONLY I HAVE NOT GOT THE STRENGTH TO LIFT IT , because i am drained and tired , trying to absorb so much information. can someone help , this poor man,[self pity] all i want from some kindly person is , a GOOD SIMPLE SOURCE ON CNC ELECTRONICS, IF POSSIBLE MADE EASY......... . thanks for bearing with me ,i forgot to take my 26 th headache tablet.

yours kindly, or insanely should i say, paul

I'm happy to be corrected, but I don't think there are any CNC control packages for Macintosh.

One problem is going to be the lack of a parallel port on the machine. The next will be the supportability of running EMC or Mach3 in a virtualised environment. Also, I've not seen CAM software that generates gcode from your design.

There are some hardware-based gcode controllers, one MIGHT work with a Macintosh, but they appear to be more expensive than the alternative of buying a cheap, second-hand PC and using it as your control platform.

Ron.

Wink electronics

since i am an electronic technician, i can tell you a single book w'ont do..where do you want to start..what d0 you need to know...go ahead d'ont be afraid to ask..a lot of people can help you step by step..
    you can look at this site to get general info about cnc
    CNC Cookbook: Blog
    Andy

Wink info

another good site to get info
    The CNC wood Router: How does it work?
    Andy

Paul,

I have limited experince with building CNC machines, as I have only built one. I used two sources for electronics for my machine.

Keling Inc for stepper motors and drivers, and CNC4PC for breakout boards etc.

These suppliers might be a place to start your search.

James

thaks for that information, about WOODWORK CNC ROUTERS, it is fairly helpful.

yours kindly paul

thaks for that information, about WOODWORK CNC ROUTERS, it is fairly helpful.

yours kindly paul