586,106 active members*
3,141 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > SprutCam Access violation

SprutCam Access violation

I am seriously considering the purchase of a Tormach PCNC, along with SprutCam.

However, having downloaded both the version from tormach, and sprutcam, both have ended up giving the same access error, when clicking on create, in the machining tab.

Access violation is in the SCKernel.dll.

I have tried to run it on 3 different machines. All running xp pro with latest drivers, netframework, service packs etc. Two are higher end graphic work stations running 64 bit version, one is a lower end machine that run Alphacam 2010 without a glitch.

I have tried the fix described by Sprut, deleting the . cfg and .dsk file, but still not working.

It is not confidence building in a product to have the 30 day demo not work, on 3 different machines.

Yes I am new here and starting out with a question.

I wonder if something with the 64 bit version of XP is your problem...... Does SC support XP64 bit?

Not thatit helps but I have been running without issue XP32 bit on several desktop PC's (IBM and Dell) and also an IBM thinkpad. Have you sent a note to the support group at SC?

Robert

I do not have an answer for you at this time but I have contacted my Russian contacts and hopefully will be able to solve your problem by Monday or Tuesday. If it is any consolation this is the first time I have came across this issue. SprutCAM is good for use with Windows 7 64bit as I have been running without issue for some time. If you are able too please send me a screen shot of the error, to [email protected]. This will help me explain the issue to SprutCAM. I am sure we can get SprutCAM working for you.

You should have it shortly. The screen shot.

It seems as if the on line registration went badly for your install. On the XP machine that you wish to run the install on, 1st make sure you are logged in with full admin rights before the install. Next go to c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sprut Technology\Licence\, and delete the Licence file. Now restart SprutCAM and select "No" to the online registration, and email me the CM7 code that is generated.

Problem Resolved

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Tormach View Post
    It seems as if the on line registration went badly for your install. On the XP machine that you wish to run the install on, 1st make sure you are logged in with full admin rights before the install. Next go to c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sprut Technology\Licence\, and delete the Licence file. Now restart SprutCAM and select "No" to the online registration, and email me the CM7 code that is generated.
    Eric resolved the issue in what is perhaps record time.

Software is now working.

Imported 2 stl files one a front wheel drive bicycle drop out fitted for a carbon fiber fork, 3 axis, two faces, can't be machined in one step.
    Second was a tube with a cope to mate with another tube at a compound angle, and the cut was demonstrated with rotary machining in the software.

I am impressed by the software, and Eric.

I learn software fast.

Again thank you Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by RTP_Burnsville View Post
    I wonder if something with the 64 bit version of XP is your problem...... Does SC support XP64 bit?

Not thatit helps but I have been running without issue XP32 bit on several desktop PC's (IBM and Dell) and also an IBM thinkpad. Have you sent a note to the support group at SC?

Robert
    Most of the replies is they don't know. I don't get the access violation that much anymore but got it today when I tried to delete several objects. But by that time SC was already running slow so I knew I had to reboot. No problems since.

However. I also know that about that time my Virus scan was kicking in, I know I have had trouble with AVG (I think that is the name) antivirus.

One thing that bug's me is the .log file that you can turn on has gibberish in it. Probably trying to write in Russian

But, I can't make out this line but it appears to show my computer as a P4 Celeron Atholon64.. My computer is a Quad 4, no where near a P4 Celeron.

Àðõèòåêòóðà ïðîöåññîðà: x86 64-õ áèòíûå ïðîöåññîðû (ïîñëåäíèå P4, Celeron è Athlon64)
    ×èñëî ïðîöåññîðîâ: 4
    Ñêîðîñòíûå õàðàêòåðèñòèêè ïðîöåññîðà:

Also there is a line with a call stack exception (at the time the software crashed), which would probably help but it's also in gibberish.

Call Stack Exception-îâ ðàçâîðà÷èâàòü

Might help if Eric can pull some strings and have the LOG file corrected as that can help identify these problems.

If the software is incorrectly selecting the type processor you are running, then you will have access violations.

SPrutcam on 64-bit?

I just bought Sprutcam 7 and I also upgraded my OS from XP 32-bit to Windows 7 64-bit, and I installed 8gb of RAM. I made sure my processor was capable of 64-bit operation and did a clean install of the OS. The new Sprutcam 7 performed terribly. Rotating a part was choppy. I was constantly waiting for the program to catch up when I picked geometry. Things in general did not work right especially in 2d geometry tab.

I got so frustrated that I installed a Vista 32-bit OS I had a license for on the same machine. Sprutcam runs so much better now but I sometimes run low on memory and 32-bit only utilizes 4GB RAM. I want to run the 64-bit and the 8GB RAM.

Question is: Was I doing something wrong when I was running the 64-bit Sprutcam? I checked and unchecked the appropriate boxes in the system setup visulization tab, but that did not do it.