586,103 active members*
3,234 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Gecko Drives > Review/Criticism requested on photos of G201 Wiring

Review/Criticism requested on photos of G201 Wiring

We are located in Cape Town, South Africa, where we have the first ShopBot CNC router that arrived in Africa. However, we have some issues with the original drivers blowing from time to time, and I am now building a replacement GeckoDrive/Mach2 system.

With reference to the photos on this page:

The ShopBot motor cables have Wago connectors and they will plug into the 4 grey connectors on the DIN rail. (The present motor cables are un-shielded)

The parallel breakout board that we ordered in May is lost in the post, its replacement is also lost in the post. I have now ordered another board from another supplier, but PayPal wants 4 days before it will accept a South African as a client......

Anyway, I've wired as far as I can. Red(+), Black(-), Yellow(ground), except for the transformer's yellow/purple out and blue/brown in.

Anybody see anything obviously wrong with the photos? Can I improve it any way?

Gerald Dorrington

Is that wood base permanent? I prefer to mount everything on aluminum for heat dissipation. Especially if you have blown drivers in the past.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

The wood is a temporary "breadboard". The max. current per motor is 2 amp. I wasn't happy to screw the Gecko's directly to the wood, so that's why they sit on that alu. square tube.

Nono Guest
    Looks great the only thing that I see is No Heatsink for the Geckos? :nono: That is a must Have.
    Slap it all into a nice box and away you go.