586,352 active members*
3,339 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Please with set up on new PC

Hi there,

I had a DIY (Zen Toolworks) CNC machine working perfectly with my old pc, now I've changed over I've been messing with settings for months and months ans still can't get it to work properly. It's mainly for engraving and the motors seem crunchy, it tends to write upside down or back to front and I'm having trouble setting the homing limits correctly. I think part of the trouble is that I'm using some of Mach 3 TUTs and some of Zens settings, which seem to conflict but not all of the seeting on Mach 3 TUTs work on my machine.

First things first though, I have noticed that the 'g's' setting in 'Motors and tuning' is set to 0.012747 using the setting provided by Mach3, where on the TUT provided by Zen it is set to 0.3237738 which is a big difference, I think, but it is not adjustable, it sets itself by inputting the steps and velocity, is this a big problem anyone know?

Kind regards.

Neil

Phatjap,

please try to use zen setting and see it solve the problem and print screen out the setting so that other can help.

Mach 3 Configuration for Zen Toolworks 3 Axis Stepper Motor Driver Board - Zen_Toolworks_Wiki

Thanks,