586,058 active members*
4,449 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > EdgeCam > ToolStore/ToolSystem Organization

Question ToolStore/ToolSystem Organization

I have been using EdgeCAM for 3 years now and our company is expanding its programming capabilities to include lathes. I am looking into figuring out the best way to organize our lathe tools witin ToolStore. I have a what seems to be a fairly good method of doing this, but I am curious as to how others organize their tooling system. Any insight or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Please explain your workflow so we can comment.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by robyc01 View Post
    I have been using EdgeCAM for 3 years now and our company is expanding its programming capabilities to include lathes. I am looking into figuring out the best way to organize our lathe tools witin ToolStore. I have a what seems to be a fairly good method of doing this, but I am curious as to how others organize their tooling system. Any insight or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    The Job Kit mechanism is a great system for organizing tools. With job kits, you can link a single tool record to multiple lathes, assigning unique tool numbers and so on. Let’s say that you have a 0.500 drill that is used in 3 CNC machines. If you use job kits, you will have a single tool record that is linked to 3 job kits.

There is a very good tutorial on how the job kit system works that is provided with Edgecam. Open Edgecam, go to the Help menu, choose Tutorials. You will find the ‘Toolkit Assistant’ tutorial there.