3,353 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > okuma osp 5000 crt needed

okuma osp 5000 crt needed

need an osp 5000 crt green screen for lb-10

1-843-623-3500
    thank You Mike Kopchick

The crt is VERY difficult to replace, if you search the threads you'll find a couple on that subject. So here's the part that gets dicey, you can't replace the crt "reasonably" but you can get a replacement control. So all the F keys the crt for an lcd but it's not cheap around 4500 American last time I checked. This is a link to a site that says they'll "repair" it, I don't know anything about them so it's just a start.

Okuma OSP-3000 Industrial Monitor Repair - ACS Industrial Services

Robert

EDIT; it says 3000 in the link but they claim to do them all
    The beaten path, is exclusively for beaten men.

It is really very easy to replace. You need to find:
    1. line raster
    2. frame raster
    on control side. Check signal levels and make modifications to suit your replacement device. Then you take regular suitable TV set or LCD and do connections. Brightness/ Contrast control is new now.
    Throw away old power supply and raster generator of CRT and there is a room for new power supply unit.

I don't want to toot our horn too much, well okay I will, your probably not going to find better info. on the subject anywhere. With that said, I would recommend ignoring post #3 until you feel good about it. Like 1 guy in Lithuania knows how to do it and 1,000,000 across the world recommend NOT doing it.

Robert

1 guy in Lithuania knows how to do it and 1,000,000 across the world
    bullschit. Millions across the world can't say the difference between silicon, the rock and silicon, the material for fake boobs.
    Does it makes any difference?

Thank you for your replies eric at morris south replaced the controll on our machine and all is well ,we still have our mori down hopefully we can have that back up nekt week and get back to work.
    Even with air ride these machines do not like to be moved .
    Thank you again for the help this is a great place.
    Mike Kopchick
    Rage Fuel Systems - Custom Fuel Pumps and Components

Quote Originally Posted by Algirdas View Post
    bullschit. Millions across the world can't say the difference between silicon, the rock and silicon, the material for fake boobs.
    Oh my, people calm down I sent this to a Senior Linguistics analyst at Univerity of Edinburgh, and it is confirmed; it doesn't make any sense what-so-ever!! I thought it was just me, but alas it is the rest of us as well.

Alister

Quote Originally Posted by Algirdas View Post
    Thank you Algirdas!! everyone who read this is now 10 IQ points stupider. We have you to thank for comments that can't even be interpreted. In any language.

oh my mistake. One is silicon, another one is silicone.
    Please, read my post as follows:
    Millions across the world can't say the difference between silicon and silicone.
    Is it clear now?

I have a lb-10 operations panel/screen

I have a lb-10 operations panel/screen.
    Do you still need one?
    Email works best: [email protected]
    You could pm, but i don't check this very often...

For another solution try this store on eBay.
    Shop eBay Canada Store - Indu-Com Displays:: touch screen, cnc monitor
    I recently replaced a CRT on our Okuma LB25 with a LCD screen from these people.
    The price was very good (approx $1280 CAN+postage), compared to Okuma's quoted price of ~$7000!
    The screen swap was fairly straight forward, once I removed the old CRT and saw the video connection inside the internal housing.
    Slight modification of the mounting holes on the LCD screen was required by a file... and some soft sponge tape to take up the curve of the plastic CRT housing and the "Flat" surface of the LCD screen.
    Will be going back and buying another one for one of our old LH35 lathes as the screen on that machine is fading fast also.
    Good luck.
    Brian.

Check out this fellow. SGMT\Home\Message they provide me the MONO CRT to LCD convertion kit (LCD and other kit) for my Okuma LB15 OSP500L-G controller.

CNC Replacements

There is a website you can go to, where you can get replacement Okuma, Fanuc, Allen Bradley, etc, for fairly cheap. An OSP 7000 at top price is $1375, when you buy one, and price goes down with the more you buy. Reseller prices are even lower. Monitech Industrial Display Solutions Inc. is the site. E-mail or call in. Installation takes between 30-60 minutes, package comes with instructions, and there are people in office if you need to call in for help.

Thank you for the reply we had okuma come in and replace it as we really needed the machine will keep the info for the future

1991 Okuma Cadet OSP 5020L CRT replaced successfully

An electrical engineer friend who was familiar with CRTs replaced mine, very successfully. He did, also, need to replace the power supply.

Sorry I can not give you instructions, because I don't know everything he did. I do know that the power supply and CRT were purchased at comodity prices.

Mounting screws for the CRT are hidden behind the black plastic membrane face of the control panel. We made small cuts in the black membrane to access the screws. My guess is that this is why okuma only sells the whole front panel and not the monitor alone.

My friend is not a cnc repair person. He is an electrical engineer that is familar with CRT monitors. It was not a big deal for him.

So, there are at least two people who know how to fix. My freind and the guy from lithuania.

Quote Originally Posted by erica18 View Post
    There is a website you can go to, where you can get replacement Okuma, Fanuc, Allen Bradley, etc, for fairly cheap. An OSP 7000 at top price is $1375, when you buy one, and price goes down with the more you buy. Reseller prices are even lower. Monitech Industrial Display Solutions Inc. is the site. E-mail or call in. Installation takes between 30-60 minutes, package comes with instructions, and there are people in office if you need to call in for help.
    Their screens are easy to install and work great!
    Not to mention that the price is SUBSTANTIALLY cheaper than from Okuma!