586,731 active members*
2,723 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Fanuc 5T System BTR

Need help/ here is what I've got: Mori Seiki Lathe Approx '82
    with Fanuc 5T control. It was being used and controlled with a PC.
    Between the buying transaction and the delivery, it seems like a cable on the BTR is missing, the only reference on the BTR is Facit 4070. It does not have a brand mark. The 50 pin wide cable is attached and a Db25 connector is also attached. Should there also be another flat wide cable to machine reader?

any help will be appreciated

Thanks

Manny

I am not sure what you have there but if the machine has a BTR interface then the Facit reader is not being used, and you should be able to comunicate with RS232 into the DB25 connector.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Thanks AL we will take a good look and see if the existing db25 cable comes out somewhere to connect to the pc. If not, there is another female db25 available on the BTR, we can try that and see what happens. I guess we will have to make a special RS232 cable to match or is all RS232 the same?

Manny

It depends on who makes the BTR board, but generally RS232 25pD you can probabally jumper out the handshake and on 25pin to 25 pin 2 & 3 are crossed over, go to http://www.cadem.com/ncnet/ncnet_dncdetails-41.htm and you can find various cable details.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Thanks for the link AL, now I am good to go and get it done.

Manny

Arrow 5T tape reader

5T's came with tape readers with and W/O reels.

If you have a tape reader w/o reels on the door, the 50 pin ribbon cable from the upper ribbon plug labeled "CAT" on the right side of A board goes to the tape reader connector "CNT1".

The tape reader PCB is almost directly opposite the plug on the A board. The CNT1 connector is on the left side of the tape reader PCB as you face the back side of the front cabinet door where the reader PCB is mounted

Proper orientation of the plug on the A board and the tape reader ARE CRITICAL. :nono: Line up the white arrows if you have OEM cables and, if not, make sure you match pin to pin 1 and 50 to 50 at both CAT and CNT1.

The Facit plug goes to the puncher if I recall and this is plugged into the memory board that piggy backs on top of the lower part of B board.

We don't have a puncher so I don't know for sure but we were given a manual for a facit puncher even though we didn't get one with the machine.

A connection diagram can be found on page 3 of the B-51695E/04 Maintenance manual.

Exclamation

[Can You help me? Need to find the parameters for a Fanuc 5-T mori seiki machine. Feel free too email them to me @ [email protected]
    Thank you