586,102 active members*
2,514 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

EZ-SPS Software

I'm looking for some Bridgeport software that came with the machines I'm using, but has now gone MIA.

The software permits offline writing and testing of programs. I believe it is called EZ-SPS.

Is this available anywhere? Any help appreciated.

Thanks
    Tom

There were 2 versions. One for the lathe that worked like the EZPATH, and one for the EZTRAK. The EZTRAK version could be loaded onto any DX control (installMC.bat) but did not support the spindles on the VMCs. Did not output S2000M03. Thus what it created had to be edited to support VMC spindles. But for the V2XTs and EZTRAKs it was great.
    Later a newer version was released that was intended for VMCs that had the CIB (control in a box). All these are sold by BPT/Hardinge and have a copright.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

ez sps software

Hello I am very interested in you item regarding SPS software, can you tell me what features are available in the software, as I have a UK version of EZPLUS Machine running Version 5.00 on the machine and have tried a Version 7.00 USA version on the machine but it did'nt work because the US control has one hardwired switch for running the machine but The UK version has two the extra one is for selecting Jog,Manual operation & Auto operation. And when I loaded the Version 7.00 software it locked out because it was trying to get me to release the emergency stop even though I had'nt actully pressed it, it related the emergcy stopbutton to the jog,auto,manual switch. So inconclusion if this software works with all of the features that are in version 7.00 I E. engraving, dxf conversion, dos editing it would make things very handy. Cheers Colin

EZSPS was for loading onto FULL CNC machines running the DX controls or for loading onto a desktop or laptop computer. It would work like a EZTRAK and would output a G and M code or a EZTRAK program. It was NOT intended to be loaded onto a EZTRAK.
    Version 7 (when Bridgeport went bankrupt) was beta (test) only. Never released officially. I have no knowledge of the differences between a US machine, and a UK machine.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Ez- sps software

Hello george the basic difference between the UK and US machines is that the US use the on screen menus for selecting the jog motion, on the UK machine there is an extra switch that allows you to mechanicaly select Manual, Jog, and Auto functions , and then use the on screen menu's. This apparently is created by the PLC which is built into the machine within the software, because when I tried the later US version on boot up it wanted me to release the emergancy stop button which was'nt even pressed so it looks like the so called PLC was looking at the emergancy stop button instead of the Manual, Jog , Auto switch I think this is how it works but I am not entirely sure. Cheers Colin.