586,069 active members*
3,820 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

System Alarm # 3

We have a lathe with a Fanuc 3T controller. When we start this machine,after powering up the control panel, when I press the left NC button at the top of the panel, I get a "System Alarm no 3", "program memory: high parity". I was advised that the power supply may be failing. I replaced that & I still get the alarm. The lathe is a Nakamura Slant 3. Any ideas would be very helpful. Thanks.

My book for the 3T for this fault says = The alarm occurs if a parity error is detected when reading data from RAM which stores parameters and programs on the master PCB.
    The first thing said to try is depress the delete key while turning power on, this clears all part program areas, if the alarm dissapears, reload programs.
    If the alarm does not go away with the previous procedure, turn the parameter write switch and push the DELETE key and RESET key while turning on the power.
    This clears offsets, programs, and parameters, which requires that all parameters etc have to be re-loaded, if this does not cure it says that.
    1/It could be a memory problem.
    2/Master PCB
    3/Power Supply Unit.
    CHeck the power supply voltages especially the 5vdc.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

I tried replacing the power supply yesterday in hopes that that would take care of the problem. I am hesitant about doing the procedure you mention since it says I would have to reinstall programs, or maybe even parameters. If I had more information on the reinstall part, such as do I need a special program to download or install the parameters or programs. Thanks Al.

The first procedure would not be that drastic as you would only have to reload the part programs, How do you load right now, by tape?
    If you have to reload the parameters you have to be in MDI and the parameter input switch on the MB has to be operated, on the parameter screen you arrow down to each parameter and enter by P(Parameter data) and Input key.
    Turn off the parameter MB switch, power down and back up.
    Al.

Albert E.

We do not use tape at all. All our programs have been entered by hand into the machine. I would say we are using the CNC portion as we push the 2 NC buttons at the top of the 3T panel. I'm guessing the programs would have to be hand entered again as I see no connectiors to hook up to, mcuh less know how to go about it. I'm kind of clueless here. Sorry I didn't respond right away. Our internet has been down for the last couple of days. Thanks.

If you don't use the Tape reader then you would need an after-market BTR (Behind the Tape Reader) which is a RS232 interface card that plugs into the T.R. and allows the use of a PC for Upload/download.
    Al.

Albert E.

11m Parameters

:banana: Looking For Parameters For An 11m Control For Macro B And At Least 80 Meters Of Memory. Can Anyone Help?