586,055 active members*
4,376 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Chinese CNC Router (CNCDIY 6040 )

Hi Everyone

Finally have purchased a CNC machine from China

Wanting to use Mach 3 Software and will pickup my computer to run it tomorrow ( with separate video card installed and parrallel port )

First problem the spindle/router comes with a ER11 Chuck.

where can i get a ER11 chuck that can talk a 1/4" router bit.

I will be posting some pics of the machine shortly

If anyone is interested or using or has experieced the 6040 please contact me

take care

Domenic

CTC Tools Home Page Will take 3 weeks but the prices are fantastic,

Noel

Awesome site! have you used their bits/cutters as well?

Been using carbide cutters for over a year. You just have to think ahead because of the delivery time. The prices are so reasonable that you can afford some stock though

Noel

Hi,

Just googled "er collet dimensions" and the first url listed had the sizes and ER11 goes up to 7mm, 1/4" is 6.35mm. Hopefully they do the imperial sizes for you.

Dave

Chinese 6040 router

Hello Domenic,

I am interested in this machine as well.
    What are your general impressions of the machine?
    Do you have it running?
    Thanks you for your time.
    jkj

If anyone is interested or using or has experieced the 6040 please contact me

congratulations!

Congratulate to you!

This is jinan yihai cnc router machinery co.,ltd one cnc router and laser machine manufacturer.which specialized in this industry since 2000years/
    If everyone need cnc machine or other maintaince help from China please feel in free to contct us!

thanks

Bryant
    cnc router/laser cutting and engraving machine/cnc plasma cutting machine manufacturer
    www.eternalcnc.com ; [email protected]

Hi Domenicxx, Congratulations on your purchase.

One thing to be very careful about is which ER11 Collet Nut is to be supplied.

You see there is the standard ER11 Collet Nut, then there is the ER11A Collet nut - the one that will probably be supplied.

Problem is that ER11 Collets will not fit into an ER11A Collet nut. The way around this problem is to buy a couple of standard ER11 Collet nuts before the machine arrives.

Suggest you have a good read of the following Thread -

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/commer...ets_china.html

Rocket.

I give up. I saw the foto of the crew at Claudio's CNC meting in Brisi around june 2009, and I saved the foto, but when I puted it up on the schreen, it was only a thomnail, and now I have spend two houers looking for it, but no where to see. kan some one thell me where I saw it, I think I have been very clouse to the place, because ti is so good, I wont to ceep it for ever.
    Unfortunately I live 350 Km away from brisi, so it is fare betvine "drinks".
    Cheres Jorgen

Email adress: [email protected]

stupid 6040

i have brought one of these 6040 routers and i just cant get it to work nicely ihave tryed useing another pc and earthing the machene and controler it works but seems to lose steps and is not a nice movement it is jurky and shudders if moveing one one direction however if i jog it +x & +y at the same time it moves nicely in bouth directhions i have tryed useing mach and emc2 but still have the same issue somebody blease help me i just wana make cool things not beet my head aganst my machene lol any help would be much apresheated sorry if this is in the wron place i am new to the forum an

Quote Originally Posted by nzmeethead View Post
    i have brought one of these 6040 routers and i just cant get it to work nicely ihave tryed useing another pc and earthing the machene and controler it works but seems to lose steps and is not a nice movement it is jurky and shudders if moveing one one direction however if i jog it +x & +y at the same time it moves nicely in bouth directhions i have tryed useing mach and emc2 but still have the same issue somebody blease help me i just wana make cool things not beet my head aganst my machene lol any help would be much apresheated sorry if this is in the wron place i am new to the forum an
    Unfortunately the controllers sold with these machines usually don't work out of the box, and for most people, will never work. They are plain and simple a garbage design with a complete lack of noise immunity and proper grounding. Most people end up replacing them with a Lini or a G540. Probably not what you want to hear, but the simple fact is you could spend the next month or two trying to get it to work and fixing the numerous earthing (or lack thereof) problems, but in the end unless your fairly competent at electronics, reworking circuit boards, and rewiring, you may never get it going to any degree. Search TB6560 here and you'll find several large threads that detail these issues.

cheers,
    Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

thankyou very much and that is what i was thinking the issue may be so i am looking to rebuild the controler from scrach new b.o.b an psu an most likely new drives to thanks for you help much apresheated

I ended up putting a G540 on mine, and others have used different ones, but for me, the difference was unbelievable! The machine literally sprung to life and performed brilliantly. Best $275 I ever spent!

Cheers,
    Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

I have to agree with Ian and Noel.

Please, do not bother with anything electric on 6040. I even ripped off all wiring and replaced it with shielded cables from McMaster. Added limit/zero switches, got 48V PSU and G540 is the heart of the beast. Works like charm, very reliable, very predictable.

About ER11 collet. The one supplied with 6040 is not "standard" ER11, but good enough for 1/4", so you should be OK. But, I also got ER11 collet set + nuts from CTC and I'm happy with it. You cannot beat the price.

Working on simple enclosure now, as soon as I'm done, I will post some pictures.

-Petr

Quote Originally Posted by nzmeethead View Post
    you will find that the controller manufacturer used a pirated version of Mach 3 to set up the controller I had the same problem and contacted the supplier who sent me a patch which fixed up all the problems you are talking about and it has been going great guns since. Contact your supplier for the patch