586,077 active members*
3,780 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Timber Available - Exotic

Hi Everyone,

Noticed that a few of you are using your machines to work in wood. I own a sawmill that has available a number of hard to find timber and products. We have slabs of Souther Mahogany, Yellow Stringy Bark and many other species that have features such as fiddleback, birds eye, ambrosia and many other features in them. We cut and dry a number of species into various sizes and forms

If any of you are interested in some unique pieces of wood for your projects, I can offer you a wholesale price on them

Regards

Sambar

Wink exotic wood

Quote Originally Posted by sambar View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Noticed that a few of you are using your machines to work in wood. I own a sawmill that has available a number of hard to find timber and products. We have slabs of Souther Mahogany, Yellow Stringy Bark and many other species that have features such as fiddleback, birds eye, ambrosia and many other features in them. We cut and dry a number of species into various sizes and forms

If any of you are interested in some unique pieces of wood for your projects, I can offer you a wholesale price on them

Regards

Sambar
    I also do pens, so I'm always looking for exotic woods. Please send me a price list w/shipping price to USA 46260. Thanks. Mike

Gday Sambar,
    I am interested in your offer, specially on hardwood type timber slabs.
    I am in Sydney, where about are you?
    You got any contact number?

Timber Slabs

Hi Parmin,

I am in Gippsland in Victoria. I can send you photo's of some slabs if you would like. I dont know what the freight costs would be though

You can call me on 0417544054 if you would like further information. We have some amazing slabs of Southern Mahogany, Yellow Stringybark and Alpine Ash

Regards

Paul

Gday sambar
    apology for not replying, just got back from Xmas break.. head still not yet screwed right.
    I am currently after a piece of heavy hardwood, maybe something like Iron Bark,
    about 500-700mm long, 200-300mm wide and at least 50mm thick.

This piece is going to be used for reinforcement shell and counter weight for a sculpture,
    patterns is welcome bu not necessary.

Naturally I would consider other spices of timber if Iron Bark is not available, however,
    being something to use as counterweight, it is imperative that the wood should be heavier than water (sink in water).

I am not sure about Gippsland, but usually courier between Melbourne and Sydney are about less than $20 for up to 30kg.

I will PM my email.