586,058 active members*
4,377 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Angry Fanuc Password

Has anyone used the Password in the 16i control to lock out the o9000 programs parameter 3210 and 3211. I have a control 16i that someone set the password and now we need to access the o9000 to install a new probe. (See picture) I have cleared the control (Reset when power on) and it will not allow me to change the 3204.4. When I try to change the 3204.4 it tells me "write protect" even with PWE=1. This is the only parameter that will say this. When I cleared the parameter it still said this even before I reloaded all the parameters. Any Help please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture 002.jpg   Picture 003.jpg  

Pressing RESET at power up only clears out the Parameters and Offsets. If you simultaneously press the RESET and DELETE keys at powerup, you'll clear all SRAM memory (part programs, parameters, offsets, PMC Parameters, Tool Life data, CAP data, etc). This should reset the NE9 parameter because the part programs will be wiped.

You will then have to reload the CNC parameters, PMC Parameters, macros, etc to restore the CNC to operation.

Is it 3204#4 or 3202#4 ?

Scott,
    I have limited experience on the i-series control so I am not familiar with the passoword procedure. However if it says "write protect" I would not think it is a password issue but more a key or switch on the machine. If it was indeed a password issue I would think you would get the message of "password" or something along those lines when trying to change the parameter.

If however it is password protected once you get the password and resolve the problem fire the guy who put a password on it.

I am curious on this one so keep us posted on what you find.

Stevo

Quote Originally Posted by sinha_nsit View Post
    Is it 3204#4 or 3202#4 ?
    3202.4 is for 4-digit O numbers O9000 - O9999
    3204.4 is for 8-digit O numbers O90000000 - O99999999

Scottjit said 3204.4 in his post, but the picture he posted shows 3202.4 highlighted.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottjit View Post
    Has anyone used the Password in the 16i control to lock out the o9000 programs parameter 3210 and 3211. I have a control 16i that someone set the password and now we need to access the o9000 to install a new probe. (See picture) I have cleared the control (Reset when power on) and it will not allow me to change the 3204.4. When I try to change the 3204.4 it tells me "write protect" even with PWE=1. This is the only parameter that will say this. When I cleared the parameter it still said this even before I reloaded all the parameters. Any Help please.
    I can't find any solution to your problem in either the 16i Parameter or Maintenance manuals.

I guess you could start typing numbers into 3211 until you hit the right one...

Stevo1 is right. Fire the idiot who did this to you.

I believe it is a password issue only. The parameter manual explains this.
    The method to reset the password is not given. Possibly, there is no way, at software level at least. There can be a hardware method inside the control, as in a PC. Ask some Fanuc service guy.

Quote Originally Posted by dcoupar View Post
    Fire the idiot who did this to you.
    The guy might have already been fired, and he possibly did this before leaving for good!

Is it 3204#4 or 3202#4 ?
    Sorry it was 3202.4

Quote Originally Posted by stevo1 View Post
    Scott,
    I have limited experience on the i-series control so I am not familiar with the passoword procedure. However if it says "write protect" I would not think it is a password issue but more a key or switch on the machine. If it was indeed a password issue I would think you would get the message of "password" or something along those lines when trying to change the parameter.

If however it is password protected once you get the password and resolve the problem fire the guy who put a password on it.

I am curious on this one so keep us posted on what you find.

Stevo
    I can change all the other parameters and offsets except the 3202.2. Also the 3210 is grayed out. On the other machine is will allow you to input data.
    From the Fanuc Book:
    "NOTE:
    1 The state where password = 0 and password = keyword is
    referred to as the locked state. When an attempt is made to
    modify the password by MDI input operation in this state, the
    warning message “WRITE PROTECTED” is displayed to
    indicate that the password cannot be modified. When an
    attempt is made to modify the password with G10
    (programmable parameter input), P/S alarm No.231 is issued.
    2 When the value of the password is not 0, the parameter
    screen does not display the password. Care must be taken
    in setting a password."

Scott

The guy might have already been fired, and he possibly did this before leaving for good!
    It was Renishaw and that guy no longer works for them, I wonder Why????

Next Step

Quote Originally Posted by cnc2149 View Post
    Pressing RESET at power up only clears out the Parameters and Offsets. If you simultaneously press the RESET and DELETE keys at powerup, you'll clear all SRAM memory (part programs, parameters, offsets, PMC Parameters, Tool Life data, CAP data, etc). This should reset the NE9 parameter because the part programs will be wiped.

You will then have to reload the CNC parameters, PMC Parameters, macros, etc to restore the CNC to operation.
    Thanks, I think this is my next step. I did not want to do this since I have a 120 tool mag and it is full. Card solt on the front does not work. I will spend some time getting it to work and let you know. Shooting for Wednesday Jan 19.
    Will let you know how it goes.

P.S. can I do a sram backup??????
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Scottjit View Post
    I can change all the other parameters and offsets except the 3202.2. Also the 3210 is grayed out. On the other machine is will allow you to input data.
    From the Fanuc Book:
    "NOTE:
    1 The state where password = 0 and password = keyword is
    referred to as the locked state. When an attempt is made to
    modify the password by MDI input operation in this state, the
    warning message “WRITE PROTECTED” is displayed to
    indicate that the password cannot be modified. When an
    attempt is made to modify the password with G10
    (programmable parameter input), P/S alarm No.231 is issued.
    2 When the value of the password is not 0, the parameter
    screen does not display the password. Care must be taken
    in setting a password."

Scott
    Scott,
    Have you been able to view and edit these programs in the past? If the answer is anything other than "Yes", take a look at the description of parameters 12001 through to and including 12049, and see how these are set in your control.

These are the parameters for Built in Macros and will give the error message you're talking about if protection is set in 12013. To confirm of dispel this notion, check to see if there are any values set in 12011 and 12012. These parameters specify the first and last numbers in a range of program numbers that have been allocated as Built in Macros. If these parameters are blank then there are no Built in Macros specified.

I had the exact same problem with a customer's 18i-M control when I had to access the 9000 series programs. It turned out that program numbers from 8980 through to 9869 inclusive in this control were all named as Built in Macros and had protection set. The program numbers for Built in Macros don't have to be in the 9000 or 8000 series, they can be any numbers, but it would probably make sense to use these program numbers.

Regards,

Bill

Scott,
    I would probably hold off and try a few more things or talk to a tech to see if there is another way to resolve this. I say that because there are things that typically go wrong when clearing a control and then trying to bring it back to life. I would do this as a last resort.

I would be reaming Renishaw right now if you do know for a fact it was one of their guys setting passwords in your control. That is just wrong on so many levels and completely inexcusable.

Stevo

Quote Originally Posted by angelw View Post
    Scott,
    Have you been able to view and edit these programs in the past? If the answer is anything other than "Yes", take a look at the description of parameters 12001 through to and including 12049, and see how these are set in your control.

These are the parameters for Built in Macros and will give the error message you're talking about if protection is set in 12013. To confirm of dispel this notion, check to see if there are any values set in 12011 and 12012. These parameters specify the first and last numbers in a range of program numbers that have been allocated as Built in Macros. If these parameters are blank then there are no Built in Macros specified.

I had the exact same problem with a customer's 18i-M control when I had to access the 9000 series programs. It turned out that program numbers from 8980 through to 9869 inclusive in this control were all named as Built in Macros and had protection set. The program numbers for Built in Macros don't have to be in the 9000 or 8000 series, they can be any numbers, but it would probably make sense to use these program numbers.

Regards,

Bill
    Thanks, Bill I will be going there Tuesday and take a look. Will post the results.

Scott