586,094 active members*
4,030 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Phase Converters > Elimia Industrial phase converter

Elimia Industrial phase converter

Hi,

Just wanted to tell everyone about my new phase converter that I bought. I just purchased a new to me Jet GH1340W-3 lathe and a Harig Super 618 surface grinder. Well these are both 3 phase machines so I needed another phase converter. I have a Desco electric phase converter for my Milltronics CNC mill and have been happy with it so far but the price has gone up since I bought my last one so I started looking around and came across Elimia Industrial out of Alabama. Elimia Industrial Heavy Duty Phase Converters Converter Sell Converters CNC Grade I called the company up and talked with Ken to size one up for my machine. I bought a 7.5 hp unit with the 1800 rpm cast iron TEFC motor. When the unit arrive it already had the weatherproof whip wired from the motor to the panel. Open the panel up and everything is neat and organized. Easy terminal block to connect the wires to. Just really professional looking, alot more organized than my other phase converter which costs more. Plus this unit comes with a 10 yr warranty.

Ok now lets talk about customer service. I must say that their customer service is exceptional. This was a new to me lathe, I wired up the phase converter and the machine but it would not come on. I looked at the motor wiring and realized it was set to 460v so I changed it to 230v but still nothing. So I called Elimia up ( this was after hours) and I was able to talk with Ken. He went through the wiring with me and told me what to test while on the phone with me. The phase converter was working perfect so we started looking at the machine. He knew the contacts and how they should be wired. Then he told me about a transformer on there and sure enough it was set to 460v, I switched it to 230v and the machine worked. :banana: He went above and beyond in my opinion. His product was working flawlessly but he still took the time to help me get the machine running.

If and when I need another phase converter it will Definitely come from them.

Thanks for reading

Phase converter update

Hi,

I am about to purchase a phase converter and am interested in the Eliminia product. Can you provide an update now that you have been running yours for several months?

Thanks

I have been using it everyday just about since I installed it. I am currently running two machines off of it and it has worked flawlessly. Starts everytime I hit the button and the machines don't know the difference. I love it, well built piece. It is alot better than my Desco Electric phase converter that I have running my mill

Thanks for the prompt reply and very good information. I do believe you have me convinced to go ahead with the purchase.

Order it over the phone, usually it is a little cheaper if you call them. The guy I dealt with was named Ken. Also go with the 1800rpm motor, it is a little more than the 3600rpm motor but quieter