586,071 active members*
4,360 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Heidenhain TNC 2500B

I'm running a Bridgeport Interact 1020X with a Heidenhain TNC 2500B controller from the late 80's. When I powered it up this morning and began to home it out the "Y" axis traveled the wrong way and gave me an "EXTREME AXIS LIMIT" Alarm. I can't seem to clear it out. Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance

1st you need to check out the switch. If the control thinks it is on the switch, it will try and come off of it. If the switch is stuck or has some other issue, the Y axis will keep on going in the wrong direction.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I started out on that path but I can't find the limt switch. I'm new on this machine and there is nobody to help me out.

Really what I need is the parameter # and how to enter it to make the Y axis travel in the oposite direction when homing it out so I can take off the limit switch and clean it off. I can't acess it because the table is all the way forward.

Which direction does it home? I thought the Y axis comes forward to home.
    If so, Then it may not have seen the switch (check switch) or it did not see the marker pulse. To home, it sees switch, then marker pulse. If either is missing, it will hit the hard limit switch. It will take some digging to find the parameter you are looking for. My parameter book is at the office.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

has this machine run for you before? if it has, then it is not a parameter issue, it is a switch/wiring/encoder issue

HEIDENHAIN PROBLEMS

I have a bridgeport 412 VMC with a Heidenhain 2500b controller. I purchased this machine used and when I got it everything worked , all axis, jog, tool changer, I didn't use the machine to run any parts because I was ill and didn't know how to program it yet. This week I went out to fire it up and learn the programming. Some how I erased a code for the Electronic handwheel when going through the "MOD" command setup. This is not the the code number that tell the machine how far to jog for each turn of the handwheel. I have looked through all the manuals and can not find any mention of this code but the machine will not run (move) without it.

I am very new to this machine and would appreciate any help I can get in helping me learn it.

Thanks

Harry

precisely what error do you get when trying to run the machine?

how far can you get in running the machine?

Gus

Thanks for your reply. I found the code I was looking for and the machine moves again. I ran a test program that someone had programmed into the machine and it ran fine. I still have not figured out how to import a file from my cam program. I will let you know if I need help in that area.

Thanks

Harry

help

sorry i cant help you with this fault but as it was such a long time ago i assume you have sorted it?
    could i ask you for some help i need a parameter list for the 1020x, would you have one?