586,062 active members*
4,574 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > EDM Discussion General Topics > Need Sodick Mark XI Cutting Conditions for Aluminum

Need Sodick Mark XI Cutting Conditions for Aluminum

I'm looking for a table of cutting conditions and offset values for 0.25mm diameter wire for my Sodick EPOC-300/Bridgeport BP-300 wire EDM w/Mark XI Gold control. I picked this up used. I've got a couple set-up sheets the previous owner used for aluminum, but I'd like to have the original manufacturers recommendations for various thicknesses.

For that mater I'd like to know if other people ever cut POCO graphite with this type of control and what settings the use.

I have tables for 0.2mm wire Copper, Carbide, SKD11/D2 Steel and 0.25mm wire Carbide, SKD11 if anybody needs them.

If it would help I can punch these settings into our AQ550 database and post them here.

Did you get a cutting conditions book with the machine? We have one for all our machines. Just in case you didn't know these books existed.

John

the AQ550 power settings wont match the mark 11 control. If you are registered with sodick they can fax you some conditions or they can order some for you. I would like to help you but i dont have a copy of any database for a mark 11. You will also need to know what condition database you have loaded on the disk

I've got the original manuals circa 1990 and they just simply did not include aluminum. I get my service and consumables from the original company that imported them under the Bridgeport Machines name and am not registered with Sodick, and I really don't want to pay their $500 registration fee just to have the privilege to buy parts from them.
    My parts and service supplier can provide example aluminum test cuts they have made in their facility. Just not a complete table with all the power settings and offset values for the whole gamut of material thicknesses and various skim pass settings.

I just was wondering if an aluminum table was out there. I'm looking for power settings like ON time, OFF time IP, HP,MA, SV, V, SF, etc. and their associated offset compensation values. I have my doubts that there is even corresponding C value within my Version 1.2WG Cutting Conditions file on the machine which are optimized for the aluminum.

Thanks for the offer of the AQ550 settings, but they would be vastly different than Mark XI. I think there might be a possibility with Mark 21 settings but for sure Mark 25 and newer controls have completely different number ranges.

Mark 21 conditions table is similar with MK IX and XI. you can test a square hole cutting with steel cutting conditions and measure the square you have cut.
    I can send you MK25 cupper and aluminium conditions tables, exept IP MA and HP a little bit differents ON OFF SF SV are similar. If you know wath mean each parameters you could adapt its. Cupper and aluminium as more conductive as steel, you have to decrease ON OFF and increase security parameters to reduce wire breakage.

Just as lasertoolshop said i usually use steel settings and if the HP has a value in P i drop it two points or even take it to 0. On the MA you can increase the A value 1-2 points for saftey. The P in HP is an increase in Amperage/ON time. The A for OFF time. The higher the value the Higher the increase for each. The SF will be slower on steel settings than for AL and that is plays a roll on the offsets being off. I usually leave the SF alone and cut a small sample part (.125 test square). When you measure the part size compare it to actual size. Once you have the difference you can use a flag code to adjust the size. FLAG7D is the code to use for a master offset change. EX FLAG7D.001 will increase a Punch .002 dia and make a Die .002 smaller. I place the FLAG7D code in the program before the first move command so that the machine will pickup the code and adjust each offset to the proper adjusted size. I hope this helps.

i have sodick 320a ex21 i need condition cutting table and how can us it
    thantks