586,121 active members*
3,056 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > CNC (Mill / Lathe) Control Software (NC) > If you could replace your CNC mill controller with anything...

If you could replace your CNC mill controller with anything...

Okay - here's the scenario... You just got hit by lighting, the crackheads showed up with a forklift, or the zombies chewed through the cables - whatever... What you had is no longer working, and you can replace it with anything you pick... What would you chose?

We're getting another Shizuoka AN-S with a toolchanger up and running after being stored for a bit... We plan on replacing the servos at the same time we buy a control.

Anything? Fanuc 31i, super Nurbs with a Mori Maps iv front end. Obviously not practical for this application but you did say anything.

Been playing with Mach 3 myself. Other than the cartoonish screens, seems pretty powerfull. I'd probably do that one if it was a hobby machine for myself.

Why are you replacing the servos. Are they worn out? What is your budget?

Servos aren't worn out - I think the boss is just looking for a "plug 'n' play" sort of solution, and I think he had a bad experience hooking up an AB 8400MP a few years back. The ones that we're taking off are Tamagawa resolvers for the table (haven't looked at Z yet...). It's a pretty stout machine, and won't be used in a "hobby" fashion - we're trying to increase output beyond our existing Shizouka AN-S and our Milltronics Partner X...

shizouka AN S

I have a Shizouka AN S Mill with a Fanuc 6M control. I just installed it in my shop after being stored for 2 years and upon startup it gives a 401 servo alarm. Z servo used to blow fuses on heavy cuts or overtravel. Going to check the servo motor. Would you have any advice for troubleshooting this 401 alarm?