501,579 active members
5,283 visitors online
Register for free
Login
Page 11 of 11 91011
    Registered
    I have since cutting that out put a small piece across the 2 front halfs just in front of the steering wheel platform as I was planning on pivoting the steering platform up for access as well.
    I have also altered the shape of 'armrest' pieces since too to give a more sporty feel to it.

A spoiler type bit on the back would be nice but I'm trying to keep this fitted on a 2440x1220 sheet and it just barely fits now.

I did have a high nose version of the front half drawn up too but my mate just wants the low nose version, I might do the high nose version later for myself.

Registered

Re: MDF Racing car simulator project.

I know it's been a while since the last post on this thread. Is there any pics of completed project and if so how was steering / pedals mounted. I don't have any CAD programs but want to have a go at building this as I really like the HYPER but want the enjoyment of building my own. I don't have any CNC machines but believe I can hand cut and make. Is there any PDF plans that you would be willing to share. I only just came across this project and you have done an awesome job. I am handy with my hands and tools just hopeless at design

Registered

I will put up the drawings I have tonight

Registered

Guys sorry for the delay, I got busy and forgot, I'm not saying these are 100% correct drawings, I stopped on this project not long after cutting out the 1/4 scale version.
    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/mzmm293sd722k/cockpit

I'm watching htis thread though so if you have any questions I will try and answer them and/or help

Quote Originally Posted by kiwibrick View Post
    Guys sorry for the delay, I got busy and forgot, I'm not saying these are 100% correct drawings, I stopped on this project not long after cutting out the 1/4 scale version.
    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/mzmm293sd722k/cockpit

I'm watching htis thread though so if you have any questions I will try and answer them and/or help
    Hey guys, I have been looking for a simple MDF cockpit I can build for my young boy who is truning 4 and is car obsessed. This fits the bill but wondering if anyone actually finished this project? I downloaded the linked plans and will enquire with a cutting service as I dont have a CNC but just want to make sure its will all work

Thanks in advance!

Registered

I dont know if anyone else took my drawings and made one, but it definitely needs some work on fastening placement etc, the bits I cut out at 1/4 scale all seemed to fit fine from memory

Page 11 of 11 91011