586,121 active members*
3,005 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Floppy

Floppy

I have VF11 with a USB, Floppy and Harddrive.
    The floppy does not work. We are currently using USB but they want the floppy. The reason for wanting the floppy is all the other Haas only have floppy and it will make life easyer.
    The problem is the floppy does not work. We just get the message device not mounted. We checked the setting and the floppy is turned on.
    The drive is good I pulled it out and hooked it up to a computer and it works fine.
    It is wierd when you try and read off the floppy the light does not even come on just get the message right way.
    Any ideas?

Sorry for the useless reponse, but USB to floppy? Seems they are going the wrong way!! Floppy's are driving me crazy, but the nearest floopy on a computer is 5 miles from the shop for me.
    Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

I agree I prefer the USB also but it is either put USB on 10 machines or get the floppy to work on 1 machine.
    Like I said they want them all the same and do not want to spend to much $$$.

Try the simple stuff first.

Try a new cable.

Try another floppy on the "bad" machine.

It's either the cable, the drive, or the machine itself. Those two tests will tell you which it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron22 View Post
    I have VF11 with a USB, Floppy and Harddrive.
    The floppy does not work. We are currently using USB but they want the floppy. The reason for wanting the floppy is all the other Haas only have floppy and it will make life easyer.
    If you have harddrive, do you also have ethernet? If you have the ethernet option, you can dump a copy of whatever goes on the floppy to a network shared directory and bypass the usb.

There is also an external floppy drive that hooks up to USB, $10 fix. Another option is to trace the ribbon cable from the floppy to the board, unplug and re-seat the cable at that end.
    Thanks,
    Ken Foulks