586,116 active members*
3,387 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Torchmate > Help needed with aTorchmate 2 DIY build

Help needed with aTorchmate 2 DIY build

Hello, I would like to thank everyone that has posted there Torchmate builds, the info has been very helpful. I have been lurking here and @ pirate4x4 for a year or so trying to get an idea of what cnc plasma table setup to go with.

After reading until my mind was numb I have decided on a Torchmate 2 diy kit. 5 x 10 and will build a water table for it.

With that being said I need to get the most bang for my buck$

Most people said they would have gone bigger hence the 5x10
    Also most said a bigger/ better plasma.

So the question is what do I really need to get an accurate table up and running?

Pricing for the table and AVHC without pirate discount is $7,795.00 & $2,499.95 a big chunk of my budget so I'm looking to save where I can.

Is the cable track really worth $358.08
    Are the 144" HR Rail Ground for 10' long Torchmate 2 Table worth $800 Is it going to make a big difference in cut quality as far as accuracy and repeatability?

Then there's the Torchmate Interface for Plasma @ $295, would this still be needed if I went with the Powermax 85 or just necessary for plasma machines without the cnc port? Hopefully Jim with chime in on that ?

Are there any other suggestions for getting the most for my $?

Thanks again, Modelaratrod

Torchmate 2 DIY build

Quote Originally Posted by modelaratrod View Post
    Most people said they would have gone bigger hence the 5x10
    Also most said a bigger/ better plasma.

Are the 144" HR Rail Ground for 10' long Torchmate 2 Table worth $800 Is it going to make a big difference in cut quality as far as accuracy and repeatability?

Then there's the Torchmate Interface for Plasma @ $295, would this still be needed if I went with the Powermax 85 or just necessary for plasma machines without the cnc port? Hopefully Jim with chime in on that ?

Thanks again, Modelaratrod
    Mine is 4x8 and I can cut full 4x8 sheets and index anything longer, so I guess the question for you is, 'what am I going to be doing?' Anticipate needing to cut5 foot wide sheets?

MSC has cable carriers, but they look pretty pricey. I can't comment on the pricing TM offers. My cables are overhead...festoon like.

Are we talking the gear rack? ATHC definately.

Unless you can find a better way to route the cables, yes, tottaly worth it, at the very least get it for the Y axis.

yes, they are worth having, unless you have an alternative. putting shorter ones together will definitely hamper accuracy.

Well you don't need an interface cable, but you do need a plasma cutter with proper configuration to send signals to the AVHC. We tried to make it work, and it ended up frying the control box and 900 later we were up and running.
    Forget the water table if you want to get good shop air quality, build a down draft table.

Get a good water separator to keep the air from being wet.

Thanks again, Modelaratrod[/QUOTE]