586,818 active members*
6,621 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CorelDraw - CorelTrace

Anybody using CorelDraw or CorelTrace to create designs, lettering, or inlays?

If so, got any photos of your work?

I purchased V11 of the above package and although I have not installed it yet, I was wondering what kind of results I might be able to achieve using the software.

I was considering doing some fancy type carved or inlayed borders for jewelboxes, quilt trunks, etc.

Would appreciate all input.

Jerry

Adobe makes a better trace program called Streamline. It is very easy to use, very fast and produces results that are superior to Corel Trace. When I say superior results... I mean night and day. Adobe wins hands down. I use Corel for graphics work because it is easier to use than Adobe Illustrator but switch to Streamline when I need to trace.

Hello,

Sorry I don't have any answers, more questions.

Need your advice regarding scanning images accurately from Corel Trace to
    Torchmate CAD lite.

So far we have been getting either double lines or broken single lines using
    the Corel Trace to Centerline when it reaches Torchmate CAD lite.

We have used Corel Draw then straight to cutting but when we bypass the CAD
    lite, we get problems with the cutting going everywhere so we need to use the CAD lite to check the outcome.

Could you help us simplify the process?

Thanks!

Adobe Illustrator

I would move to using Adobe Illustrator. As a former Corel user, it seems that their technology has become a bit dated.

Rob

∴ Da Vinci Technica ∴

Thanks Rob,

At the moment, paying for the Torchmate machine, buying the programs to make it work and NOT being so successful yet, we want to avoid spending more until we have some successful output first. But appreciate the suggestion. Will give it more thought.

calej

Quote Originally Posted by betch23 View Post
    I would move to using Adobe Illustrator. As a former Corel user, it seems that their technology has become a bit dated.

Rob

∴*Da Vinci Technica*∴