586,094 active members*
3,709 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Rapid Override?

Have a Doosan V550 with the Fanuc 18T control.

Want to slow the rapids down but there is no rapid override button.
    The book tells how to do it but I don't get it.
    It talks of turning the rapid switch on and adjust with the feed rate dial?????

I'm sure it's simple to do but I don't get it. Must be old age.
    I know I could change the parameter but I want to figure out how to do it without changing the parameter.
    All my other Fanuc controls have a rapid override button.
    Thanks for your help.

What is the year and serial number of your machine? Does your control panel look like the attached .jpg?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails V550 Rapid Override PB.jpg  

It's a 1999, s/n LTD1021

Panel is similar but no rapid override button.
    There is a way to set it with the feed rate dial but I'm not sure how it's done.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Well, every manual I've found shows a RPD OVR button. Can you post jpg's of the pages that explain the procedure?

You might want to move this over to the Daewoo/Doosan forum. I'm guessing someone there has one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by dcoupar View Post
    Well, every manual I've found shows a RPD OVR button. Can you post jpg's of the pages that explain the procedure?
    Here you go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rapid.jpg  

You might want to move this over to the Daewoo/Doosan forum. I'm guessing someone there has one of these.
    Ok
    Thanks

Normally the rapid overide, if fitted is by binary code switched inputs to the PMC, just as the feedrate overide is accomplished, it depends on whether the MTB implements it the ladder, the same goes for the spindle overide.
    It can be added after market if you wish, you need someone capable of integrating into the PMC..
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

I believe the control has the rapid override, I'm just not sure how to work it.

If it is programmed in, then it just needs the overide switch.
    IIRC the inputs are dedicated for this function.
    You would need the BMI manual for the control.
    Al.

Albert E.

Your Feedrate Override rotary switches have the Feedrate override steps shown in inner graduations (0 - 200%) and the 4 Rapid Override selections are shown in the outer ring. You can determine if your machine has the rapid override logic and what it takes to enable it by examining the PMC Ladder. The rapid override uses 2 signals (ROV1, ROV2) to come up with the 4 selections.

PMC Address:
    G014.0 ROV1
    G014.1 ROV2
    G1014.0 ROV1 (2nd path)
    G1014.1 ROV2 (2nd path)

Go to the PMC side by pressing the SYSTEM, [PMC], [PMCLAD] keys.

If Doosan hasn't locked you out of viewing the ladder, you can scroll or search down to G014.0. If it is not there, your machine does not support rapid overrides. If it does exist, look at the relay logic and see what enable is (likely an X input according to the Doosan exerpt you posted). It could possibly be a keep relay bit (Kxx.x), as well.

As mentioned in a previous reply, the PMC Ladder could be modified to support this function with the right tools/knowledge.

Is there a switch to select between rapid override and feed override, with the same dial?

Quote Originally Posted by sinha_nsit View Post
    Is there a switch to select between rapid override and feed override, with the same dial?
    I believe it is done with the rapid button and the dial but I'm not sure how it's done.

Thanks for the replies.
    I'll check the PMC ladder.

If you press the RAPID button in MDI or AUTO mode, does the LED illuminate?

The way I read the instructions in the manual is that you press RAPID first, then select one of the 4 override values for rapid moves... at that point I'm not sure whether you shuould press it again or leave it on, but my best guess is press RAPID again to accept the override rate. From then on, all rapid moves would be at that rate (until you change it again).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails V550 Rapid Button.jpg   V550 Rapid Instructions.jpg  

If you press the RAPID button in MDI or AUTO mode, does the LED illuminate?

The way I read the instructions in the manual is that you press RAPID first, then select one of the 4 override values for rapid moves... at that point I'm not sure whether you shuould press it again or leave it on, but my best guess is press RAPID again to accept the override rate. From then on, all rapid moves would be at that rate (until you change it again).
    I've tried a few combinations. Not sure if I tried yours or not. I'll give it a shot.
    This is weird, wonder why they didn't just put an override button on the control.

Quote Originally Posted by zman300 View Post
    This is weird, wonder why they didn't just put an override button on the control.
    Probably to cut down on Op panel real estate.
    I find the rotary dial handy, if you are rapiding into a part, for the first time, when you get close then turn O.R. down and then to zero, screen shows distance to go.
    Al.

Albert E.

I have and use these 4 panels:

A02B 0091 C141
    A02B 0091 C161
    A02B 0092 C141
    A02B 0092 C161

The difference between the C141 and the C161 is that one is for the M, the other for T types (and others)

I too find the 0% to 100% rotary rapid overide switch handy. I set it to 0% when running my first part from there I experiment.

I don't remember, I'll have to look to see where the switch connects to in I/O, unless anyone knows.

My system is the A02B-0098-B501/B502 also A02B-0098-B511/-B512 for the FANUC 0MC.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by gbowne1 View Post
    I have and use these 4 panels:

A02B 0091 C141
    A02B 0091 C161
    A02B 0092 C141
    A02B 0092 C161

The difference between the C141 and the C161 is that one is for the M, the other for T types (and others)

I too find the 0% to 100% rotary rapid overide switch handy. I set it to 0% when running my first part from there I experiment.

I don't remember, I'll have to look to see where the switch connects to in I/O, unless anyone knows.

My system is the A02B-0098-B501/B502 also A02B-0098-B511/-B512 for the FANUC 0MC.

Greg
    Are those Fanuc keypad p/n's.
    Fanuc told me they didn't make the control panel membrane, said I had to get it from Doosan.

These are FANUC part numbers of what used to be called by FANUC, a "Option Unit", and is actually a machine operator panel. These are the standard part numbers. These are for the FANUC 0M and 0T systems, but may work with some others.

They were made to match the CRT/MDI panels of the two Series 0 systems.

The A02B 0098 systems, if I am correct are "CE marked", which I believe are for export.

I have been told that there are special parameters and options that are required to use these panels.

I just mentioned this because these panels include the rapid overides switches. In some of the FANUC manuals, they are listed as a FS0 Operator Interface Panel, and are offerent in small or full keyboard versions.

Page 1 of 2 12