586,094 active members*
4,025 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Master Cam 9 Mill

Master Cam 9 Mill

Okay looking for a good Master Cam 9 mill book or tutorial or any way to learn Master Cam 9 without having to pay an arm and leg for it.

Well, let's see.
    I found 5 or 6 MasterCam V9 books on Amazon.com under $50US in about 2 minutes.
    ObrienDave. MasterCam since V6. Gcode since 1983.
    The nose you punch today may belong to the butt you have to kiss tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by llizsoneandonly View Post
    Okay looking for a good Master Cam 9 mill book or tutorial or any way to learn Master Cam 9 without having to pay an arm and leg for it.
    My Mastercam dealer won't support V9 for it customers. Ya the people who spent thousands of dollars there. But they still sell all the books for V9 to software pirates. I guess there no money left in support.

Go to Emastercam.

John

John they will not support V9 anymore the same way windows doesnt support 3.1 anymore.QUIT YOUR CRYING ITS OLD AND NOT NEEDED!

Quote Originally Posted by littlebrewman View Post
    John they will not support V9 anymore the same way windows doesnt support 3.1 anymore.QUIT YOUR CRYING ITS OLD AND NOT NEEDED!
    So I guess it makes sense to you that if I take my 67 camaro in for an oil change the dealer will say even if you want to pay for it no dice. Sorry pal. Buy a new one if you want an oil change?

I think not. It's BS.

I don't want free support. I asked my dealer to make me a post for money. You know. Kinda the way any other business works.

Your old.

John

Just google search, there are couple good book in pdf format ........... won't cost you a penny except your time.
    The best way to learn is trial error.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigJW View Post
    So I guess it makes sense to you that if I take my 67 camaro in for an oil change the dealer will say even if you want to pay for it no dice. Sorry pal. Buy a new one if you want an oil change?

John
    John this statement is of no comparison to the one i made.this is an absurd statement that has no relevance to the conversation.If the dont support v9 then u cant get them to make u a post for it even for money.the reason being is they want you to move forward not backward.it takes resources to support even for posts.the company would rather us those resources to support x-x5.they are doing smart business and not wasting time or money on old versions.MY GOSH YOU CRY MORE THAN MY 4 MONTH OLD! you shouldve leased the software before commiting to a purchase like i did this way u couldve gotten out with no strings and we all wouldnt have to hear your copious amounts of whining on a rather good and informative forum.NOBODY LIKES A DEBBIE DOWNER.it sounds to me that u dont practice smart business practices.please learn some then maybe u could comment intelligently.

John this statement is of no comparison to the one i made.this is an absurd statement that has no relevance to the conversation.If the dont support v9 then u cant get them to make u a post for it even for money.the reason being is they want you to move forward not backward.it takes resources to support even for posts.the company would rather us those resources to support x-x5.they are doing smart business and not wasting time or money on old versions.MY GOSH YOU CRY MORE THAN MY 4 MONTH OLD! you shouldve leased the software before commiting to a purchase like i did this way u couldve gotten out with no strings and we all wouldnt have to hear your copious amounts of whining on a rather good and informative forum.NOBODY LIKES A DEBBIE DOWNER.it sounds to me that u dont practice smart business practices.please learn some then maybe u could comment intelligently.
    LOL. Ok which dealer or aftermarket company do you work for. Spill the beans.

John

John i do not work for any company associated with Mastercam or CNC software.I am a CNC machinist/programmer with many certifications within the industry.So now u know the whole beans and nothing but the beans now stop your whining.

John i do not work for any company associated with Mastercam or CNC software.I am a CNC machinist/programmer with many certifications within the industry.So now u know the whole beans and nothing but the beans now stop your whining.
    I'll try not to whine just for.

Isn't there a way you can just skip over my posts or don't show posts from me.

Kinda like trying to have all the radio stations you don't like taken off the FM band.

John

John the best way is for you to stop posting within the mastercam forums and move on with whatever software u decide on.i am sure you will like no one elses software either but at least you wont be posting in here and being a big pain in the A$$.

John the best way is for you to stop posting within the mastercam forums and move on with whatever software u decide on.i am sure you will like no one elses software either but at least you wont be posting in here and being a big pain in the A$$.
    Ok. Just help me understand why you are so important that your opinion belongs here more than anyone else's.

No wait. I don't care. LOL.

You must have come over from the Emastercam forum. You got a little brown stuff on your nose looks like.
    This a public forum here.

People who are about to shell out 17-25K for software should be able to hear the whole story. Not just the hype spewing from dealers resellers and training peddlers.

John

John i am not here from the emastercam forum.i am an end user of the product.as for you it is people like you that make public forums a place that no one wants to visit or be part of.you comment on everything and always put your two cents in on how much dislike you have for the product no matter what the topic is.basically your posts look like spam and should be banned all together.you never help only spread your negativity.nobody wants to hear the samr thing over and over again.they come here for help not to hear your sob story about how dissapointed you are with the product. you should just go start your own forum if you want to spread your negative thoughts.they are not needed and not welcome here.

John i am not here from the emastercam forum.i am an end user of the product.as for you it is people like you that make public forums a place that no one wants to visit or be part of.you comment on everything and always put your two cents in on how much dislike you have for the product no matter what the topic is.basically your posts look like spam and should be banned all together.you never help only spread your negativity.nobody wants to hear the samr thing over and over again.they come here for help not to hear your sob story about how dissapointed you are with the product. you should just go start your own forum if you want to spread your negative thoughts.they are not needed and not welcome here.
    Says you.

I do get some fan mail....

And the odd thanks.

And the odd email question about my experience and pricing.

I did donate a full 3axis CNC kit to a perfect stranger here on this forum who seemed interested in starting the hobby but had no coin. Also many shared post processors.

I even sponsor an annual machine shop award at my old high school every year.

So far you have come asked questions and insulted. What's next?

John

John
    It's past time to air your opinions in the proper arena
    and highlight a few "ZONE" policies to you

You are permitted to "free speach"
    This covers comments that can be false or defamatory and how any post can come under the radar

But another, "forum rules and regs"
    has bits that really affect you
    TOPICS OF DISCUSSION:
    While these discussion forums encourage a wide range of opinions, please keep your posts focused on the topic of the forum in which you are submitting your message. Each forum has a different topic, so what is appropriate in one forum or thread may not be appropriate in another. Do not discuss problems that you may have against a particular company's way of conducting business and or other issues that may be better dealt with them directly. Direct support forums are to discuss questions or issues with the particular product they sell or support. No discussion in a political, religious or sexual orientation will be allowed to be discussed.
    Also this section has an additional bit
    HARASSMENT & FLAMING:CNCzone members are not permitted to harass or "flame" other members or company.
    John, I can only imagine the issues you have with CNC software, but those issues are between yourself and them.
    your comments are not in the correct context with the thead and are therefore contravening the "ZONE" rules,
    No one is censuring you, make your own thread and place your comments in it. Members can then choose to follow or comment on it as they feel.

Many don't want to be notified that a "New Post" exists, that ends up being un-requested comments, and has no bearing on the topic of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    John

This covers comments that can be false or defamatory and how any post can come under the radar

John, I can only imagine the issues you have with CNC software, but those issues are between yourself and them.
    your comments are not in the correct context with the thead and are therefore contravening the "ZONE" rules,
    No one is censuring you, make your own thread and place your comments in it. Members can then choose to follow or comment on it as they feel.

Many don't want to be notified that a "New Post" exists, that ends up being un-requested comments, and has no bearing on the topic of the thread.
    Ok.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    John

:cheers:

Now back on topic...I found the best books had all kinds of example parts to go through. Repetition early on really gets you up to speed quick...so my advice is to look for that type of book. You want the book to make you have hands on the computer while going through it...
    Tim