586,655 active members*
3,388 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Help required: Rotary engraver GCC Laserpro Mercury II

Hi All

I have the rotary attachment for my Mercury II laserpro/GCC 40watt laser and I'm having trouble with the laser accepting my print file.

I've managed to print a 3mm x 20mm name onto a drink bottle - length ways, but what I am trying to do, is print my daughters name on her school drink bottle in larger text - that is written round the bottle - not from length ways/lid to bottom

My problem is, when I press 'start' to print the file (focused, in position) the laser tells me the file wont fit ??

My settings are CorelDRAW X5, selected text to print, with 'selected' chosen in the print range 'print menu'.

I also have manual colour fill selected, Position mode 'Centre' and 'all raster' for the vector settings.

I think my problems are coming from the 'Paper' tab and/or the 'layout' tab.

On the 'paper' tab, I have 'rotary fixture' selected, and have input the diameter of 70mm (that's the actual diameter of my daughters drink bottle)
    I have the length of the bottle as 200mm and have recorded that in the X value. I have 'image turning' set at 0.

On the 'layout' tab, I've tried both 'as in document' and 'reposition images to' using different settings, but none seem to work.

I've never used the rotary device before, and am only a beginner as laser engraving, but I've normally been able to get by with the training notes and the user manual. The user manual doesn't seem to have enough instructions for this section though, as I can't work it out.!!

Please help! How do I use CorelDRAW X5 and the rotary device?

Thanks in advance!

What you see in preview? Is image in proper position when you did preview?
    When you wrote "the laser tells me the file wont fit" what is exact words on LCD? Something like GRAPH IS CLIPPED?

And try to send just hairline frame in vector

The error message I get is:

Error! Please make sure the work piece or carriage within work area.

I have the laser head focused, above the center of my drink bottle. In the software i have 'selected' for Print Range, 'Centre' for Print Mode, and have made the paper size the same size because I don't understand where this 'work area' error is coming from

If you already set ROTARY FIXTURE in driver PAPER tab, do you set custom paper size in Corel? LAYOUT - PAGE SETUP - SET FROM PRINTER?

What you have set as OFFSET?

I have now changed corel to LAYOUT - PAGE SETUP - SET FROM PRINTER

I have 0 ZERO for the offset.

Is that right?

Yes, but what you have as result now?
    And be careful, you must plug in rotary cable ONLY if laser is switch off.

Red face Graphic size

Check the length of the graphic to engrave. If the name you are engraving would be longer than about 220mm (approximate circumference of 70mm diameter object), then it may be telling you it won't fit because it would wrap around on itself.

Thanks for your help!!

By changing the LAYOUT - PAGE SETUP - SET FROM PRINTER

It has now worked! I had to also set the paper layout in CorelDRAW to portrait but make sure that the Page layout in 'Print' was set to Landscape.