586,076 active members*
3,873 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Is anybody out there from Serbia?

Just curious to know what’s going on in your job-shop world (e.g. what brand of CNC is dominant in your market)?

Thanks / hvala:wave:

Hi I am from Serbia!

I work on DYSS (Korean) cnc cutter (knives, and HF SycoTec German router).
    My company have to plan Chinese CNC with ATC (3x2m), 9KW spindle to cut Aluminium composite, acrylic, aluminium sheets... because our existing router have small power motor (just 1Kw) for this application (we broke bearings just for 1 year of using)..

Hi aquasco,

Welcome to this forum, and thanks for writing!

Your work description sounds interesting. I am assuming it’s for sign printing and cutting (?). My experience has been associated with the metal cutting (machining conv./CNC), only.

I wonder if you know how much of this kind of machining activities are still going on in your neighborhood given the state of the economy(?!)

Thanks....

Hi,

I work in sign business, print/cut is our main jobs. We have 8 large format printers and one big cutter/router to cutting printed material. Also we have computerized machine for making channel letters, and we also use this cutter/router to cutting backing of letters from aluminium sheets, and for illuminated front we cut from white acrylic. I don't know how many CNC metal cutting machines in my neighborhood because i 'am in different type of business, but my company move to this area because our existing machine is maybe good for acrylic, but for aluminium, and aluminium composite (Alubond, Dibond...) is not strong enough! Now we in process to buy some Chinese woodworking centre, but I not so sure about controller (Taiwanese Syntec or Italian Osai)? I think that this machine strong enough to cut aluminium and aluminium composite, acrylic and of course wood! What you think?

Quote Originally Posted by aquasco View Post
    Hi,

Now we in process to buy some Chinese woodworking centre, but I not so sure about controller (Taiwanese Syntec or Italian Osai)? I think that this machine strong enough to cut aluminium and aluminium composite, acrylic and of course wood! What you think?
    -------

aquasco,

Sorry, my understanding of the Chinese built CNC Machining and Turning Centers’ reputation in the US mfg. industry is not very favorable. But then, there is always exception to the rumors, so you may have better luck with your choice since you are dealing with less demanding machining requirements than those of us in general machining.

If you would prefer to elaborate your additional concerns, and/or questions in your native language (SRB), please feel free to PM.

Good luck with your endeavor!:cheers:

aquasco

There is the sub forum on this site ("SignMaking") from where you could get some of your questions answered by the knowledgeable people from your industry. Just a thought…:idea: