586,728 active members*
3,243 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > Busellato/ Genesis 3D model toolpath

Busellato/ Genesis 3D model toolpath

I recently inherited a Busellato Jet 4002XL with Genesis software at my new job. The machine has basically been running the same legacy part programs for 3 years, basic 2D shapes, it is horribly underutilized but nobody currently on staff can program it. I am trying to create some wooden chair seat blanks using this machine. I can generate a 3d model (solid or mesh) of the shape but I have no idea how genesis will handle this if at all. Has anyone done any 3d work with this machine/ software? any suggestions? I haven't experimented yet, just trying to understand the capabilities right now. Also, the genesis CAM package seems pretty archaic, can any one recommend a good CAM package that posts to this machine with success at a reasonable cost. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

I can help! I program busellatos that run genesis all day. I use autocad with auto cut research's autolink. Available from Delmac. I can also manually program in genesis.

5 years I've operator BUSELLATO JET 200 RT, I had needed three years to know what CAM-use program raboti.Az ARTCAM, there for postprocessor BUSELLATO, but some 3D projects were too heavy for the machine, the problem is too many actions that the machine has to perform, this is my personal opinion of course, I apologize for bad ENGLISH

There is Arcam and vetric software, both have postprosscesor to transform 3d forms in g code,there are a little difficult at the beginning but after a few hours you will understand the software, the problem is the number of lines it generates, its usually 10 to 20 programs with a 1000 lines each but it can be done, if you can program through autocad and autolink it will be easier for the machine, but it depends in the complexity of the design.

For example some leters and logos I use autocad a little more time but is easier for the machine and more important you know there will be no problems