I don't see how the manufacturer would be to blame. They chose a control that was the same brand as the rest of the system and I'm sure they didn't just pick it out of the blue, they had to consult with Yaskawa or get a recommendation from them on which control to use when they built the machine. They set the control up according to all of the requirements/specifications in Yaskawa's installation manuals and it is obviously made for the application. If you build a machine and use a reputable company's system, servo, control, etc and follow all the criteria for installing the system, it should work. I don't see how the manufacturer would be to blame. Especially not when hardware on Yaskawa's end is failing and when the techs themselves say it wasn't a great control and the project was terminated after several years. All I know is I have it and it's been nothing but problems since new. I've run Mori's, Mitsubishi's, Haas, Fadals, Mazaks, etc and have never seen a control with this many issues. But we could go back and forth all day, that won't accomplish anything.

As far as my motors and drives, I won't be back at the shop for a few days, but looking back at my emails I know the spindle drive and inverter is CIMR-MR5N20155 & CIMR-M5N20115. Does that help any? I thought CIMR designates the type of servo system but not sure. I would assume paying someone to do a retrofit is costly, but is there someone out there that can write all the parameters and configure the control so that I can install it myself?